Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #851
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
RE:Close call, With luck like that i would have gone out and bought a lotto ticket.
Right LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef View Post
When I first saw the pictures,I was trying to figure out why you had a mirror in Container.LOL
That's the window LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
I would send it back to them with a note explaining how you are just a poor working person that spent all this money on a test kit that went bad in just a few months. Bet they send you another one.
I got it at LFS (sorta LFS-65 mile away lol), gonna see if I can contact them and see what happens. Thanks

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #852
Aquarium Advice Freak

here's that pic for you buffy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_00001.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	47052  

Old 08-10-2011, 01:41 AM   #853
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks Mike. Appreciate it. Which tests do you have using that brand? How have your results been with them? Some tests you trust with that brand and some not? Understand where I'm going without asking all the questions LOL? Maybe simply would be.....your opinion on the pros/cons of both brands. Thanks.

Anyone else....please share your experiences with what you use (and have used) to test your water/monitor your waters and what you've decided to stay with and why. Thanks.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 08-10-2011, 04:01 AM   #854
Aquarium Advice Freak

I only have the nitrate test. It uses a powdered and a liquid reagent which makes the test a little bit slower and more complex. My lfs uses them for all their testing as well as tank service/ lease programs
Old 08-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #855
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I use API for ammonia, trites, trates and Ph. I use salifert for phosphates, nitrates (in my sw tanks),magnesium, calcium & alkalinity. The salifert tests offer a much better accuracy and range in my opinion. They can be a bit more complex to run but they are really good in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #856
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i run red sea tests on my 125... works great and the accuracy is spot on (except when one went bad due to age)
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #857
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks guys. Went out of town to dr today and they have a lfs there. Went in and talked to lady and she gave me the phone number to call and tell them about my results. She also suggested I run a test on my tap and straight ro/di before salt and see what happens, if they are the same then to let the manufacturer know that I have a bad lot.

She also had ohhhhhhhhh ready.............Green Mandarin soooo pretty, 4 Maroon clowns, 2 little and 1 med and 1 BIG well bout 4 inches I think. A huge sandsifter, an orange star fish, 2 sizes of the (I wanna say dottie) was 2 colors purple and something, I'll look it up later. Am so used to seeing just pics on internet and little ones, that OMG I was wanting to cry they were so pretty and I am so stuck LOL. She was gonna give me a damsel (10.00) to "try" in my tank since the problem with the water and "if" the damsel was ok, I would keep it til I started stocking and got good test equipment then take it back and give me credit for it. Don't get me wrong she sounded like she rather the "fishless cycle" too but since my water issues, we were gonna try it but she had none. I was hesitant to try it to as I told her I don't want to kill anything or make it unhealthy but as she said, she had no problem with it as she would know what to do for it when she got it back to make it better. But I'm still glad she didn't cause it was sooooo tempting. But I do think although expensive a little on equipment, I will be going back there to check out the stock again.....LOL I forgot to look at the fish and coral prices cause I was so stunned by the Mandarin and the Maroons. The one was almost as big as my hand. I'm sorry was rambling. Gotta get on bike, then gonna do all the water tests again and then call API.

Thanks for the info on the tests. I think I will order all three kinds, but of different tests so I can see how they correlate. Like ph for one nitrate for another and nitrite for another. IE I'm not gonna order 2 brands for nitrate.

Does anyone have any experience with ordering these online AND feeling comfortable that they are not getting expired? Bad batch I can understand but not expired.

Thanks again all. I'll be back to post test results.

Also, anyone who does freshwater, I posted a few pics last night about Oscars, I need help please, Thanks. Fish Problems/Questions

Old 08-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #858
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've ordered all my salifert from aquacave and have not gotten anything even close to expired from them.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #859
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks............

Old 08-11-2011, 01:21 AM   #860
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

yeah acutally seeing a mandarin in person is SOOOO tempting, the pictures dont even come close to doing justice in terms of their color and beauty

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com