Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #881
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 1,102
Its a secret buffy don't even bother asking lol.. I've ask on ever thread his commented on for some pic of it..... his scubber is stamped with TOP SECRET .. wraped in a sea weed conspiracy and thrown in the middle of some food flake pile.
__________________

__________________
jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #882
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,325
Ha! You are right, it is top secret. I posted some pictures of my fish room as "new pictures of an old reef."

It was built by a tank company as to my specification. Made of heavy black acrylic it uses a dump bucket that empties every 10 seconds and dumps across the frag area and algae screens. This scrubber sits on top if a 100 gallon sump with chambers to eliminate bubbles. It then routs thru a 80 gallon storage tank that brings the system water volume to just over 400 gallons. The scrubber is lit with 150 2 watt LEDs. It has been running 19 years to date. The fact it is black acrylic makes it very difficult to get a shot that makes sense when you look at it. May shoot video this weekend.
__________________

__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #883
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
Its a secret buffy don't even bother asking lol.. I've ask on ever thread his commented on for some pic of it..... his scubber is stamped with TOP SECRET .. wraped in a sea weed conspiracy and thrown in the middle of some food flake pile.
Hahaha, I'm special....He gave me some info on it. If there was a smilie sticking out tongue giving raspberries, I'd paste it here LMAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Ha! You are right, it is top secret. I posted some pictures of my fish room as "new pictures of an old reef."

It was built by a tank company as to my specification. Made of heavy black acrylic it uses a dump bucket that empties every 10 seconds and dumps across the frag area and algae screens. This scrubber sits on top if a 100 gallon sump with chambers to eliminate bubbles. It then routs thru a 80 gallon storage tank that brings the system water volume to just over 400 gallons. The scrubber is lit with 150 2 watt LEDs. It has been running 19 years to date. The fact it is black acrylic makes it very difficult to get a shot that makes sense when you look at it. May shoot video this weekend.
Thanks for the info, definitely way past my knowledge and skill base. I'm glad it's worked that long for you, no body makes anything that lasts long these days.........everything is "disposable" even the expensive stuff.
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #884
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

Hahaha, I'm special....He gave me some info on it. If there was a smilie sticking out tongue giving raspberries, I'd paste it here LMAO.

Thanks for the info, definitely way past my knowledge and skill base. I'm glad it's worked that long for you, no body makes anything that lasts long these days.........everything is "disposable" even the expensive stuff.
Im hurt so hurt... next forum name.. sexie lexie ..maybe my questions will answered by greg more often.
__________________
jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #885
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ricksreef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newport News
Posts: 1,109
Gregg you are like the Steve Jobs of the aquarium build.LOL
__________________
Ricksreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #886
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef
Gregg you are like the Steve Jobs of the aquarium build.LOL
Thanks! I guess that's a compliment... My reef runs Java and his doesn't.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #887
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Tank Logging Software

I am wondering if anyone has used any of these programs, still use them and what are your opinions of them?

Aquarium Tools | The Aquarium Toolbox - NO

everyday software : maquarium - NO

AquaTrax Aquarium Management Software - possible

My Aquarium Log - possible

Aquarium Lab - NO

Aquarix Aquariumsoftware - possible

Aquarium Software - AquarioGest - possible

Thanks everyone

EDIT: I've eliminated a few. If anyone has a chance to take a look at these and give me your input, I'd appreciate it. Thanks again
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #888
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,325
I use Aqua Tracker on my iPad.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #889
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
So no one has any thought on the links I posted above?
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #890
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 1,102
I don't think many use programs such as those.. I use excell .. great to use if you know how..
__________________

__________________
jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 1st Build speckrb Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR 4 05-14-2010 04:12 PM
MY 1st reef tank juice28 Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase 16 04-26-2009 03:23 AM
Nano Tank for Reef Only, Trying Corals for th 1st time Christine22780 Nano Reefs 5 08-01-2008 01:08 PM
1st reef tank 55 gallon help please manny09 Saltwater & Reef - Identification 17 01-08-2007 07:02 AM
1st Marine tank: 55g reef. Couple questions... with pics Greyhaven7 Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 1 09-19-2005 08:48 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.