Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #881
Aquarium Advice Addict

Its a secret buffy don't even bother asking lol.. I've ask on ever thread his commented on for some pic of it..... his scubber is stamped with TOP SECRET .. wraped in a sea weed conspiracy and thrown in the middle of some food flake pile.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #882
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Ha! You are right, it is top secret. I posted some pictures of my fish room as "new pictures of an old reef."

It was built by a tank company as to my specification. Made of heavy black acrylic it uses a dump bucket that empties every 10 seconds and dumps across the frag area and algae screens. This scrubber sits on top if a 100 gallon sump with chambers to eliminate bubbles. It then routs thru a 80 gallon storage tank that brings the system water volume to just over 400 gallons. The scrubber is lit with 150 2 watt LEDs. It has been running 19 years to date. The fact it is black acrylic makes it very difficult to get a shot that makes sense when you look at it. May shoot video this weekend.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #883
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
Its a secret buffy don't even bother asking lol.. I've ask on ever thread his commented on for some pic of it..... his scubber is stamped with TOP SECRET .. wraped in a sea weed conspiracy and thrown in the middle of some food flake pile.
Hahaha, I'm special....He gave me some info on it. If there was a smilie sticking out tongue giving raspberries, I'd paste it here LMAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Ha! You are right, it is top secret. I posted some pictures of my fish room as "new pictures of an old reef."

It was built by a tank company as to my specification. Made of heavy black acrylic it uses a dump bucket that empties every 10 seconds and dumps across the frag area and algae screens. This scrubber sits on top if a 100 gallon sump with chambers to eliminate bubbles. It then routs thru a 80 gallon storage tank that brings the system water volume to just over 400 gallons. The scrubber is lit with 150 2 watt LEDs. It has been running 19 years to date. The fact it is black acrylic makes it very difficult to get a shot that makes sense when you look at it. May shoot video this weekend.
Thanks for the info, definitely way past my knowledge and skill base. I'm glad it's worked that long for you, no body makes anything that lasts long these days.........everything is "disposable" even the expensive stuff.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #884
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

Hahaha, I'm special....He gave me some info on it. If there was a smilie sticking out tongue giving raspberries, I'd paste it here LMAO.

Thanks for the info, definitely way past my knowledge and skill base. I'm glad it's worked that long for you, no body makes anything that lasts long these days.........everything is "disposable" even the expensive stuff.
Im hurt so hurt... next forum name.. sexie lexie ..maybe my questions will answered by greg more often.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #885
Aquarium Advice Addict

Gregg you are like the Steve Jobs of the aquarium build.LOL
Old 08-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #886
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef
Gregg you are like the Steve Jobs of the aquarium build.LOL
Thanks! I guess that's a compliment... My reef runs Java and his doesn't.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #887
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank Logging Software

I am wondering if anyone has used any of these programs, still use them and what are your opinions of them?

Aquarium Tools | The Aquarium Toolbox - NO

everyday software : maquarium - NO

AquaTrax Aquarium Management Software - possible

My Aquarium Log - possible

Aquarium Lab - NO

Aquarix Aquariumsoftware - possible

Aquarium Software - AquarioGest - possible

Thanks everyone

EDIT: I've eliminated a few. If anyone has a chance to take a look at these and give me your input, I'd appreciate it. Thanks again

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 08-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #888
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I use Aqua Tracker on my iPad.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #889
Aquarium Advice Addict

So no one has any thought on the links I posted above?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #890
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't think many use programs such as those.. I use excell .. great to use if you know how..

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com