Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I got ya both beat in that feeling old thing-a-ma-bobber. LOL

Fed the tanks, time to turn on the powerheads and lights and get some sleep.

@Needmorecowbell....I got mine at Drs. Foster & Smith. Their retail store is much more expensive, didn't know it then but I do now. Mine is the Red/White Hard Coco Worm.

Speaking of my Coco, his tentacles are just about grown out again. WHEW. The Elegance is still hanging in there. I just fed every one except the fish. They got fed yesterday morning.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get the drilling done, and get the rock back in my tank.

Buffy said:
I think I got ya both beat in that feeling old thing-a-ma-bobber. LOL

Fed the tanks, time to turn on the powerheads and lights and get some sleep.

@Needmorecowbell....I got mine at Drs. Foster & Smith. Their retail store is much more expensive, didn't know it then but I do now. Mine is the Red/White Hard Coco Worm.

Speaking of my Coco, his tentacles are just about grown out again. WHEW. The Elegance is still hanging in there. I just fed every one except the fish. They got fed yesterday morning.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get the drilling done, and get the rock back in my tank.

I'm just about to turn 60 and I just started running again.., I don't have to think about being old.., I'm there!!!! ( ... And feeling it) :)

Sorry Dary and RDnelson. Got you confused (guess I am losing my memory in my old age....LOL). I am turning 48 next month and just started exercising again too. Have 7 and 10 year old daughters that I need to be there for.

Gotta love being 15 :)

And to all those saying that they are starting to excercise, there is a 85 year old man who just started boxing and has been jumping rope, running, and hitting a heavy bag 2 hours a day. I don't wanna hear about it lol.

Dary421 said:
I'm just about to turn 60 and I just started running again.., I don't have to think about being old.., I'm there!!!! ( ... And feeling it) :)

Turned 60 last Sunday....groan. At least I don't have to ask permission to buy a fish. But last time I checked I was 24.

Gregcoyote said:
Turned 60 last Sunday....groan. At least I don't have to ask permission to buy a fish. But last time I checked I was 24.

Wow ., we are old farts huh? .... You know , all things considered , I'm happy that I've lived in the times that we did., rotary phones, rabbit ears , party lines etc... It's amazing the amount of progress thats been made since 1952, it's really neat to have seen and lived thru all the changes.., both good and bad ., imo ,the younger folks have really missed a lot of the simpler times that will probably never be able to happen again., I wouldn't have changed it for the world.
Even in the aquarium world the changes have been dramatic .,, sorry Buffy for a little kidnapping of your thread but Greg started it !! Lol ... At this time I will relinquish my soap box and give you back control of your thread :)

You guys are making me feel like a spring chicken. :) 52 here. But Dary, you are right about the things the "Kids" have missed out on. All time number one in my book..........................Moon Landing! Tell me you didn't run outside that night, look up at the moon and say to yourself, "Wow, there are people walking up there right now". :)

rdnelson99 said:
You guys are making me feel like a spring chicken. :) 52 here. But Dary, you are right about the things the "Kids" have missed out on. All time number one in my book..........................Moon Landing! Tell me you didn't run outside that night, look up at the moon and say to yourself, "Wow, there are people walking up there right now". :)

I remember going out at night and looking for "Sputnik' with the family !!!

I went outside at one time and looked up and said "Wow, there are people out there" LMAO,

Dary - Did you by post what LED's you got somewhere in your thread? I only got 2 stunner strips for now because I feel like I'd be throwing away 350+ dollars that I spent on my light less than a year ago. That bothers me alot. Each strip was 100 so hindsight, theres 600 plus on lights, I could've spend on LED's. I'm finding it hard to decide on what I need, whether it's pumps, heaters or whatever because I keep feeling like I'm throwing money away. I haven't used my phosphate reactor since I got it but 2 times and each time was only for a few days, cause I'd have the dang valve wide open and I still didn't get a ripple in the phosphate reactor. Friggen waste. I'm still ticked about it. So it just sits in the closet collecting dust.

I fed my corals last night before work and came home and my Favia has what looks like white fuzzy's over about 1/2 of him. I quite make it out.

Does any one know a link that I can read. I've searched for the past 4 hours and I can't find a dang thing.

Thanks all.

Buffy said:
I went outside at one time and looked up and said "Wow, there are people out there" LMAO,

Dary - Did you by post what LED's you got somewhere in your thread? I only got 2 stunner strips for now because I feel like I'd be throwing away 350+ dollars that I spent on my light less than a year ago. That bothers me alot. Each strip was 100 so hindsight, theres 600 plus on lights, I could've spend on LED's. I'm finding it hard to decide on what I need, whether it's pumps, heaters or whatever because I keep feeling like I'm throwing money away. I haven't used my phosphate reactor since I got it but 2 times and each time was only for a few days, cause I'd have the dang valve wide open and I still didn't get a ripple in the phosphate reactor. Friggen waste. I'm still ticked about it. So it just sits in the closet collecting dust.

I fed my corals last night before work and came home and my Favia has what looks like white fuzzy's over about 1/2 of him. I quite make it out.

Does any one know a link that I can read. I've searched for the past 4 hours and I can't find a dang thing.

Thanks all.

Yes., yesterday as a matter of fact,....they're "stark" 60 watt Cree dim able units 10 whites ,10 blues 3 watt each bulb,... Each unit was a little pricey at about $400 each ,...I've got 3 units for my tank ( 135 gal )...... They work beautiful,....however you might wanna contact Greg or Doug ,they probably can steer you into a good unit for much less cost,....this is just what I personally chose for my tank.

Gregcoyote said:
-120W-Aquarium-Coral-Reef-Tank-White-Blue-LED-Grow-Light-White-/180810632901 on eBay

Yep that one. Get them now and sell the stunner strips and t5s to get your money back

Back
Top Bottom