Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the fluval 405 would work for you, it's main purpose will be to get particluate matter from the water and also gives you a place to run carbon or anything like that if you need to. And yes, if you later go to a sump the fluval wouldnt be needed on that tank. Just measured my fluval's height,, with the lock out clamps it's 21 inches tall. So yes, you could probably fit one in there.

I will PM you the code, I bet theyd be po'd if like 100 people used it at once then theyd change it on me. lol

jsmith said:
Haha if u hadn't went and bought a tank u may have got somthing accomplished

Lol just quoted myself... wait didn't u get some plumbing done...?

Looks like youd be fine for a canister. You even have the opening laready for the tubing to go in and out of.

Good im happy for you, Gee that sounds sarcastic was'nt ment to be. RE pumps did you mean the Hydors thats a good price id keep checking though as you may find two for 58 like i did im lookin for a cupple 1400's now for a 240g if i find any for less i'll post here for you

Haha if u hadn't went and bought a tank u may have got somthing accomplished

Yeah I broke 4 sinks, flooded 2 bathrooms and a kitchen and now I've fixed 2 of four sinks (which one STILL has a slow drip) and 2 to go. I've think I've bought out the plumbing section of all the stores in town.

Plus I've figured out how to hang my RO (which I still have to do). Cleaned all 8 tanks that were in garage and got them in the house. Moved a heavy weight machine out to porch, Got to go fishing a few times, and even rode my bike yesterday and got in 10 miles.

So I think I got something accomplished but I really haven't figured out what. It seems all a blur. LOL

You are one busy woman! Darn, I get nothing done usually in a day. Unless of course it's fish related. lol

@Carey- if you don't buy that 265 for 200 bucks imma fly to florida and kick you
@buffy- dual/triple 5 gallons for a suimp on your 75:) it should fit. If not, def a canister, the 405 would be awesome for your 75, just please don't pay 200-225 for it at a store.....I'm pretty sure you can get it new online for 120-150

Yes Grizz, please post, thanks. I know you were being sarcastic but if you were lol......wouldn't bother me. I've learned to take SOME things with a grain of salt.

Carey, thanks for the code.

Now, to find a canister along with ordering lights, pump and refractometer. Dang I gotta work, I need money LOL.

What would I do with my Emperor 400? Just use it in another tank or do I still need it in this one?

JSmith.....plumbing........Quit cussing me out!!!! Haven't you read previously I HATE PLUMBING!!! LOL LOL LOL :)

The 405 would be awesome for your 75, just please don't pay 200-225 for it at a store.....I'm pretty sure you can get it new online for 120-150. And I'd keep the 400, if you ever need to skim meds out of your water or clear it up quickly, you can throw the emperor on.

I would check amazon.com for the fluval, I got both of mine there. I would hang onto the filter you have, you now have alot of tanks and it could come in handy.

@Carey- if you don't buy that 265 for 200 bucks imma fly to florida and kick you
@buffy- dual/triple 5 gallons for a suimp on your 75:) it should fit. If not, def a canister, the 405 would be awesome for your 75, just please don't pay 200-225 for it at a store.....I'm pretty sure you can get it new online for 120-150

@huma-huma - when you are done kicking her butt, then I will come to Florida and kick it too. Oh wait, we can meet up there, have vacation, get sunburned, then kick her butt, get more sunburned and fly home happily ever after. LMAO

I thought bout 5 gallons but that's ALOT OF PLUMBING again. I think for now I should do the 405. Thanks for the heads up bout price, cause I don't know what I should spend for one.

@Carey, If you don't get that tank....see above :).......and yes am busy woman....see my life goes in circles just like my brain.

Actually now that I think about it, running 3-5g's would be pretty effective, I'd chamber each one into two 2.5g chambers, and run the piping down one side and back down the other, then into the tank. You could put the return pump in the last chamber, leaving you 5 seperate chambers to customize with whatever kind of filtration. I may try this lolm and I like the meeting up for vacation part. Carey prob won't like getting kicked by 2 of us but she can handle it

good lights i run two over a 240g and need sun-block to service that thing lol change out the bulbs for ATI's or G-mans nicer color IMO lots of cords so if that thing bugs you need to keep it in mind

Our LFS just shut down because many, including myself, order everything from the Internet. Down side to be considered, is that by doing that, you also eliminate being able to check out new corals and fish as well. I hate buying livestock unseen over the internet. So I guess the lesson is that we should pay a bit more now and then if we want the local support. Just more useless info from me.

It's a dubble edged sword i was in a LFS were they sold 2 Hippo Tangs to a young lady who was "Goin right home and put them in her new 20g" She prouldly marched out of there $140 poorer and none the wiser Not the kinda place id turn to if i needed help :(

What im sayin is i'll help pay the rent just dont slam the door on me if i ask for a cup of coffee

Back
Top Bottom