Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, the probe it has sucker cups on it. It goes in the tank, or the sump. I think the big numbers adds a safety factor, it sits outside the tank.

No, the probe it has sucker cups on it. It goes in the tank, or the sump. I think the big numbers adds a safety factor, it sits outside the tank.

Thanks, That's a tad bit cheaper than the other ones. Since the digital sits out of the water, then it may very well last longer than the ones that go inside. Gonna see if I can get on the backorder list. Woohoo Saves 10 more dollars to go to Drs. Foster and Smith to spend. I'd really like to bring something home from there. I have 10 gallon to use as a qt with nothing in it, I'm gonna buy their acclimation drip kit while I'm there (hopefully that have it at the store and not just online), Maybe I can just order online and pickup, I don't know which way would be cheaper...Onder and pick up or, just buy it there, as I'm not sure if the retail has it online and vices versa.

Had day off snaped pic while doing water change this morning.. it has a prob which sits inside tank and comes with velcro( miss spell) so u can take it off and on the tank..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110727_125147.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110727_125147.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 122
Had day off snaped pic while doing water change this morning.. it has a prob which sits inside tank and comes with velcro( miss spell) so u can take it off and on the tank..

Thanks I'm going put that on my shopping list for Friday. And am gonna order the one Gregcoyote recommended to since I'm sure one of my other tanks will use it. Am working with rock tonight and getting quarantine tank ready. If when my parameters are good come Friday morning.......

Who has suggestions with what I shoulder start with?

That one looks okay, but I prefer one with a wire to the probe so the display can be located out where you can easily see it. I also like the battery and electronics to be as far from the saltwater as I can get them.

Hear ye Hear

Hear ye hear ye... Buddy's 1st ever SW Tank Build is now accepting stocking recommendations for her 1st Ever Saltwater Aquarium.

COME ONE COME ALL.

Reward for livestock that are selected you are cordially invited to participate as judges with me in the naming ceremony.

LET THE IDEAS FLOW!

following... don't forget I like extra butter.:popcorn::popcorn:

That one looks okay, but I prefer one with a wire to the probe so the display can be located out where you can easily see it. I also like the battery and electronics to be as far from the saltwater as I can get them.

I like that idea. I have 8 tanks so I will be needing more anyway. This way I can compare. And document differences and stuff thanks guys.

Gregcoyote said:

lol The one on eBay is the exact same one you recommended but just in stock.

Livestock

Ok, I just finally figured out how to get back into photobucket, got the pictures off my pc that I like so far and put them in photobucket (I hope I got the right names with the livestock). I don't know if this is gonna work but from what I understand it's a link to the whole album. Please go take a gander, and if there's a "guest book" please sign so I know you where there, feel free to leave comments also if there's a space for it, Don't know much bout photobucket yet.

Remember now, if my parameters are good come friday morning, I want to come home from live aquaria WITH SOMETHING.

Here ya go. Hope it works.....User name for photobucket is mehuman2, that way you know it's me.

http://photobucket.com/LivestockILike

Didn't look like the one on bulk reef supply I thought I saw. It looked like it had a wired probe. Don't buy one that depends on a "water tight" battery/electronics package. You just want a probe in the water. Sorry to set off the "oh no you don't" crowd, my mistake.

Didn't look like the one on bulk reef supply I thought I saw. It looked like it had a wired probe. Don't buy one that depends on a "water tight" battery/electronics package. You just want a probe in the water. Sorry to set off the "oh no you don't" crowd, my mistake.

I was wanting a probe kind, the research/reviews I have come across.... ALL of them had water tight problems within a few months. I'd rather I read on the outside and probe on the inside. Thank you for your help. I gotta go look at those now that I'm home and before I get started on my rock. I made a new thread about qt, would you check it over if you have time and provide some insite?

Thanks

Go with the glass one. If you have a good calibrated thermometer, like for humans, you can put both in a glass of warm water and calibrate your glass thermometer to something you trust.

How do you calibrate them. Are there screws or something on them to adjust to the "accurate" one?

I'm pretty sure by calibrate he means to mark the wrong thermometer. Ex. If the correct thermometer says 78 degrees and the wrong one says 84 then mark 78 degrees at where it says 84.

Back
Top Bottom