bug bomb with aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dizzyliz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, the cat got fleas........and well they are in the house and the house has to be fogged. Have 2 aquariums one FW and the other SW which are doing great and not sure if i am ok shutting the power off to the pumps and covering them with plastic for 2 hours. Anyone have any ideas, i can't drain and move them and well, i am starting to get itchy.

Thanks,

Liz

We've had this problem! I would think: Shut off the pumps. Bag the tanks as well as possible, then do your fumigation. Once the poison period is over, air the place out, then finally open up the aquaria and re-start the power!

Just take a trash bag and stick it over the tank/filters and stuff (no need to shut them off)

Wrap it tight around the tank and maybe tape it to where it will stay tight.

Good luck, just use your best judgement and seal it up best you can.

I would shut off the skimmer... Not sure what kind you have but mine sucks in air and if you get any fogger in the tank area it will introduce that right into the tank. No reason to take a chance..

I would think that it would take quite awhile for the fish to deplete their oxygen in the water.

I've had situations where I had to keep some fish out of the tank overnight, although they are FW fish, and they have survived. The only problem is the water is not being filtered, so you may want to put some fresh water in afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom