Bug on coral HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineEddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I Brought home a piece of pulsing xenia yesterday. This morning when I went to check on it I saw about three TINY white bugs on the rock that the Xenia came on. Does anybody know what they are and if they are safe or should I try and get rid of them and if I need to how?
Thanks in advance, Eddy :)

I don't know a lot about coral pests, so I am not sure on this one.

I suppose that there is a chance that the little bugs are copepods, since you described them as tiny. :) If this is the case, copepods are harmless and a great food source for living organisms in a reef tank!

However, there is also a chance that the bugs are a coral pest. I would keep a sharp eye on all of your corals, and make sure that no part of the coral is eaten.

Ok thanks for the help, they could be Copepoda because you have to really look to see them :D

Ok thanks for the help, they could be Copepoda because you have to really look to see them :D

That may be the case then. :-D I would also do a little bit of research on the internet just to make sure that it isn't a coral pest. From your description it does sound like copepods though, so that is great! :)

Back
Top Bottom