I added a clown and a niger trigger... They're both small, I'm not worried much about my lone cleaner shrimp right now - he hasn't been performing much cleaning duties anymore anyway. Not that I hope he gets eaten, I just won't be heartbroken.
Both new fish look great tonight, after about 12 hours in the tank.
I'm more interested in having a diversity of fish than invertabrates.
Also changed about 20G of water. Until I get a siphon hose to run clear up to the tank, I'm going to do a bunch of small PWC
's each day.
I did a parameter check - no ammonia or nitrite spike since I added all of the fish a few days ago.
I've got a bit of a micro-bubble problem. Where the water hits the sump socks, a ton of bubbles are getting formed. The brackets are too low for the top of the socks to be out of the water, so the water pressure from the drain lines is really generating a ton of bubbles, which are in turn getting sent up to the main tank. It doesn't look great, the microbubbles are making the water look cloudy, especially when viewed from the end.
I temporarily setup the sock brackets up on the cross-brace (seems stable enough). I'm going to permanently mount them (with temporary screws and acrylic glue) to the corners around the bracket - that gets them up high enough that the top of the socks are out of the water, and bubbles don't seem to be an issue.
Fish all look great (even a chromis that had been acting funny since putting him in). Water is clearing up - having the sump socks up out of the water is helping - but after 2 days the two new ones are already brown and starting to overflow. I'll have to take my other two which I just cleaned out to swap them.
I drilled a hole in the sump and added a float valve for the auto top-off setup.
Did another 20G PWC
. That's two today. Until I get a siphon setup from the display tank down to the basement I can't do much more than that at a time. I've got everything to do it - just not enough time.
I have all the 175W MH
setup out there - ready to install. Trying to decide how to space them, considering my 2 250W's will be here next week sometime.
Water temp has stabilized quite well at 80F. Params are still all dead-on, but 'trates are starting to climb towards 20. Need to do a big PWC