Bulb anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davidfrances

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My new Bulb Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor) has decided to settle in the back of my aquarium behind about 100lbs of live rock. I can see his tentacles through spaces in the rock - but he's way back in the shadows. Any idea on how I can coax him back out? I'd hate to tear down my reef to retrieve him.

My pH is 8.4, Ca is 410, ORP is 350, lighting is 2x175w MH (10k) and 1x 250w MH (20k), 120 gallon tank w/ strong circulation (4,500 gph), temp is 79'F, protien skimmer, salinity 1.0245, dosing w/Ca, Mg & Iodine, NH3, NO2 & NO3 are all zero

you really cant. mine lta did the same thing. but then found out tha he did not like that spot, and moved.

It may move on it's own. Give it time. I would not attempt to move it manually. Rearranging the rock nearby may have an effect. Under the right conditions it will split and you will have two. Heavy feeding has been said to induce this.

For the time being, enjoy it where it is. It may move as it grows.

I would just let it be. They will find a spot that they like, it will have the right light and flow. If you try to move it it will likely just move back. I suggest letting it be. It may come out with time.

Back
Top Bottom