Bulb anenomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rambo64

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got my first anenome today and i was wondering how long does it take for my clown to host it?

It might never host it. I have two clowns that totaly ignored my BTA and hosted a bubble coral and pagoda cup coral. Here is my gold stripe maroon and the bubble coral. The chances are 50/50 he will host the anenome.

Attachments

• 100_0638_799.jpg
    100_0638_799.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 31
i got a bubble tip anemone about 3 weeks ago and the second i put it in the tank, both of my maroon clowns went to town rubbing all over it. now the larger of the maroons calls it home while the smaller one goes in it when he gets the chance. good luck it is a great thing to watch!

we have a green tip anemone and a true percula clown.

Sorry I missed your response. No issues with the two then. As far as hosting goes, as Melosu said it is not a guarantee, but I think the odds are in favor of it(unless you have something that is more comfortable heh). It took my Occ. clowns a few weeks, where as a maroon I had, which are bolder, immediately hosted an anemone. Give it some time, and good luck.

MT79 so it did take your clown a couple of weeks to finally host in there? If so that is good news. It seems like my clown has slowly wandered from the part of the tank that he likes over to where the anemone is. Hopefully one day I will come home and see him in it.

Yes, it was at least a couple weeks before one of my Occelaris clowns started being hosted by a Sebae anemone.

BULB ANEMONE

I JUST ADDED A MAROON GOLD STRIPE TO MY TANK AND IT WENT RIGHT INTO MY CONDY.. COOL...... :D :D :D :D
GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS..

Ell it took about a week but the clown finally went in. Now the question is will he ever come out :). Even when we feed he comes out just to grab a piece of food in his mouth and then he is right back in it. It is about time though.

I have 2 small BTA's and a condy. My occellaris have never shown an interest.

Back
Top Bottom