Bulb color and spectrum....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have a 192 watt Coralife PC on my 30 gal. It has 2 square pin bulbs that are really 2 bulbs connected. One is 92 watt 10,000K daylight an the other is acintic.

The light is to yellowish for my liking.

If I buy a rep. bulb that is 50/50 will it make a difference as far as spectrum or anything else for my corals? I will have 2 acintic and the other 2 50/50. I figure that will give me more of a blue look but hopefully not to blue like true acintic. Either way it is just prefrence right? Corals will not be affected?

I do not think it will have much effect on the corals in a 30, especially if they are softies and LPS. Replacing the 10K with a 50/50 should give you some more blue shift.

I have VHO lights but I do use the super actinic and 50/50 (actinic white) on my tank. I know the pic aint that great but it will give you an idea of the actinic and 50/50.

img_718167_0_2ab9258a0b81f55a85adaa85c16c7731.jpg

bulbs

Good. Mel, I always like the color of your tank because it is different.

I am going to pick a new bulb up tonight and see how it looks. Thanks for the help.

bulb

Mel, I will get you a pic. but I have to wait a week. They are a little more expensive than I thought and about $20 cheaper through Dr. Fosters.

I have an annual auction coming up Sunday for my Reef Club that is a big event. Anything Reef can be won really cheap so I got to save some cash. I will send you a PM with a pic when I get it because this thread will be long forgot about in a few weeks.

What makes you think it will be forgotten about? :)

I want to see the upgrade too!

Just for effect, here is my tank with 130 watt 50/50 lighting.

Attachments

• img_1317__medium__422.jpg
    img_1317__medium__422.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom