bulb question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stumpy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I thought it was time to replace the standard 20 watt bulb that came with my tank when I bought it 3 years (I used for fresh water then).I would like to upgrade to the high wattage lighting setup but can't afford that right now.Today I bought a coralife high intensity 10000 k bulb from my lfs. I'm not pleased with the color at all. It made my tank look a "greenish" color. I'm going to take it back tommorrow for another kind/color of bulb. Do you have any suggestions?

Try running some activated carbon first. Sometimes your water is tinted yellow and the bulbs color is falsely represented. The corallife 10k's that i have seen have all been white.

Out of curosity what color did your tank look with the old bulb?

If you have not done one recetnly do a water change. If you have a white bucket put the dirty water from the tankin the white bucket. If the water has an obvoius yellow coloration to it then part of the issue is the water itself. Ad darin mentioned some AC should clear up the yellow coloration of the water.

Back
Top Bottom