Bulk reef supply 4 stage RODI system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone had any experience with this system? Thinking about getting it. And what type of filters should i get for it? Thanks!!!!!!

I have a 7 stage system from aqua safe canada, it's outstanding and just over $100 (US).

I have the BRS 5 stage and absolutely love it. I run the two carbon filters, sediment and a single DI. Keeps my water at 0 tds for months before a change of filters is needed. A good idea would be to get a TDS meter if the unit doesnt have one built in, and if I remember correctly it doesnt have one. The five stage is about $179 during a group buy and it has dual tds meters so you can tell when to replace the filters. The membrane doesnt need changing out for several years so youre good on that front.

In my opinion it's worth the extra $$ for the deluxe model. But thats just my opinion. :)

Four stage should be carbon block, sediment filter, membrane and di. I change out the sediment and carbon every 6 months and the Di about the same, maybe a tad bit less than 6 months. I also make an obscene amount of water, well over 200g a month so it will probably last the regular user a lot more than mine do. lol

I have the BRS 5 stage and absolutely love it. I run the two carbon filters, sediment and a single DI. Keeps my water at 0 tds for months before a change of filters is needed. A good idea would be to get a TDS meter if the unit doesnt have one built in, and if I remember correctly it doesnt have one. The five stage is about $179 during a group buy and it has dual tds meters so you can tell when to replace the filters. The membrane doesnt need changing out for several years so youre good on that front.

In my opinion it's worth the extra $$ for the deluxe model. But thats just my opinion. :)

Hwo much is a tds meter?

I paid like $10 for one off ebay. Its pretty important though if you dont have the inline one though. You;d just be guessing when to change the filters.

I just bought the BRS 4 stage value plus. It comes with a tds meter, pressure gauge and membrane flush all for $169. Have only made about 20 gallons with it but seems to work good. It's rated for 75 gallons/day

Back
Top Bottom