Bummer. AKA a let down.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishrfreinds

Aquarium Advice Freak
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=320052972217&rd=1&rd=1

okay i just pick up my new tank. Wow. Im very disappointed. First off. Its not even a 100 Gal! its only not 5ft not 6ft! It looks terrible! I know arycrlic dosent look to good when its empty but man. he said he owned it for a year. The crack that he said didnt bother him. It really bothers me! It goes down half the back off the tank. Because of that the tank has a nice bow which i dont think its suppose to have. He also grinded down the top of the tank. okay. Well now it has hills on valleies and big chips.

i will post picks soon.

And to make matters worse. i sprayed my eyes with rubbing achool when i was clean of the stickers on the back. :cry: :roll:

I just dont know what to do.

Update: i painted the back of the tank.

Attachments

• mvc-021s_192.jpg
    mvc-021s_192.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 35
  • mvc-025s_149.jpg
    mvc-025s_149.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 44
I would try working it out with the seller. if all attemps to contact the seller and come to a fair resolution fail, then leave the neg feedback.

I agree. Try to work out something with the seller. This is one of the negative things about buying online. Sorry.

how many gallons is it then? i'd leave negative feedback for that alone

did you already pay him?

Wow... I would be disappointed too.

I guess the question you've really got to ask yourself at this point is would you still have bought it for $150 if you had known everything about it beforehand?
If yes, then just rack it up to a learning experience the hard way and try your best to enjoy your new tank.
If no, then I would contact the seller, let him know that you're not happy with the crack/repair and see if you could bring it back for a refund. Since you picked it up he wouldn't be out any money for shipping and Ebay will refund his sellers fee and he can just list it again.

Whatever you do, don't leave negative feedback until AFTER he has left positive feedback for you first.
I looked at that negative feedback he got before and he was very vindictive in leaving negative feedback for the buyer.

He does say this in the auction, though perhaps it only applied if the tank was shipped:

If you are unsatisfied with the purchase, I will refund your money (minus shipping) when item is returned.

If you are unsatisfied with the purchase, I will refund your money (minus shipping) when item is returned.

After seeing that crack on the tank, even I am unsatisfied. I would contact the seller of that tank immediately, and get a refund.

I emailed the guy.

Hey its John.

I'm kind of having some issues with the tank.

The more I look at, the more problems i see. First off the tank isn't a 100 gal. its only 60", long not 72" which is like 85 gal. 2nd it looks a lot more beat up then it did in the photos. I know tanks look pretty ugly when they're dry. But its really in sad shape. 3rd whats with the top of the aquarium? Its really messed up. Its chip and really ruff and the canopy wont even fit on it.

To say the least im not very happy. I looking towards returning it but im will to talk about it. I would hope that you try to make it right. please email me and will work things out if possible.

and youll never guess what he used to fix the huge crack, liquid nails.

Also if he pulls a fast one, my sister-in-law works at a local ebay district. Im sure she'll help.

Anyway Thanks for the support everone.

Good News! I just got a email from the Seller.

I'm sorry that you feel that way about the tank. It's a good tank and it's exactly like it was in the picture. But if you are unsatisfied with it we can do a return or maybe we can work out a different payment. give me a call tommorrow and we'll work something out. thanks.

Thank Goodness! I'm just plaining on returning the tank.
But I still have a problem.

I painted the tank as soon as i got it! I hope he doesnt care. Its not like it made it any wrose. But this could throw a wrench into everything.

vsnsofadrgn said:
you should beable to take the paint off with a razor blade...
I think it is acrylic, might scratch it. If you used latex paint, try a product called "goof off". That's what I used when I painted houses. Try it in a small area, just in case.....

Sure, you painted it, but it should be no big deal IMO, the seller sold you a tank with a nasty crack. Not to be mean, but in the pics you showed us the crack was not "barely noticeable". If anything, I think the tank looks better painted. Here's hoping you reach an agreement.

severum mama your right

I told the guy i painted the tank and wanted to return it.

He Said:
Well lets see if we can work something out. I'm unable to take the tank back (thats surpising!) but maybe we can work out a discount. Give me a call and we'll talk about it. Thanks

So What should i take it for? I'll post more pics if needed.

Once again thanks for the help everbody. I hope I can cheer up and that I can close this topic soon.

I would insist on returning it. With a crack like that, and how beat up it is, it is defintly not worth what you paid for it. And if you are not happy with the tank, and do not want it, why should you be stuck with it? He should take it back, give yopu your money back, and relist it if he can't keep it for himself. He can take the tank back, he just doesn't want to...

Back
Top Bottom