Button polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gza166

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's purchased a fragment of button polyps and just wondering what would be the best place to place it. My tank has two t8 bulbs

Oh thanks I just reposted a thread just because I was worried on where I placed it. I'm new to the salt water tank area. Can it be anywhere on a live rock or certain spots are better

Don't go in really high flow but other than that, yes. Also if you have really powerful lighting, I wouldn't put it at the top.

Ok I put it on the top because one of the live rock I have had a nice hole where It fit the stem of te base it came on perfectly. So it's better to move it then?

No problem,
Anywhere on a rock would be fine. How big is your tank, and what wattage are your T8's?

And it's only two t8s I have for lighting

Nope don't move it, t8 generally isnt very bright lighting, although that doesn't say much unless you give a bulb length/temperature/watts.

That's really not enough light to support any corals. I would look into a new light fixture, if you want to go reef. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

24 inch bulbs 18 watts temperature around 78 to 80 30 gallon tank

I har an eclipse hood since the whole tank wa giving to me for free and I'm taking things slowly because it's an expensive hobby. So I'm limited on my lighting I an just changed the bulbs but I was researching and they sell adapters to change t8s to t5s.

T5's would def be better than T8's. Might be enough for the Buttons, high up on the rocks, and maybe some soft coral like mushrooms.

Whoops, never refreshed since my last post. It's good that you bought t5 but you will be fine with t8 temporarily especially if it's at the top of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom