Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Buying

Just wondering where online everyone purchases coral and fish? I'm in Maine and my options are VERY limited

Thanks

Old 08-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've ordered from liveaquaria.com. they package very well and have one of the best guarantees.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
+1 for live aquaria. Packaging was good, although the cold packs were too close to the bags and the water was cold, but the fish were extremely healthy and lively right out of the bag.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ezy33
Aquarium Store Finder - Map

You cant go wrong with liveaquaria.com. There are others just check their return policies.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've bought from petco online, reefs2go, vividaquariums, live aquaria, and saltwater fish. Only place I've had problems with was reefs2go that recently send me a shipment that had 4 cold packs in the box and the water in the bags was 61* F. That's after the ice pack had melted so it could have been even colder at some point. Everything was dead except a pair of peppermint shrimp and a tomini tang that perished shortly after being in QT. they refunded all if my money plus shipping due to a total lose of stock. Petco online does NOT ship fish from the store so don't let that scare you away from ordering. Also reefs2go tends to ship more popular fish like clowns, cardinals etc at a very small size. r2g send me a pair of clowns no more than 3/4 of an inch in size and both did not make it. One ended up in a powerhead and the other just went south in QT. hope that helps. I've had really good luck with petco online as far as survival rate and size of fish. Also I believe all if the sites above offer at least a 14 day guarantee.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post
I've bought from petco online, reefs2go, vividaquariums, live aquaria, and saltwater fish. Only place I've had problems with was reefs2go that recently send me a shipment that had 4 cold packs in the box and the water in the bags was 61* F. That's after the ice pack had melted so it could have been even colder at some point. Everything was dead except a pair of peppermint shrimp and a tomini tang that perished shortly after being in QT. they refunded all if my money plus shipping due to a total lose of stock. Petco online does NOT ship fish from the store so don't let that scare you away from ordering. Also reefs2go tends to ship more popular fish like clowns, cardinals etc at a very small size. r2g send me a pair of clowns no more than 3/4 of an inch in size and both did not make it. One ended up in a powerhead and the other just went south in QT. hope that helps. I've had really good luck with petco online as far as survival rate and size of fish. Also I believe all if the sites above offer at least a 14 day guarantee.
Were the fish from petco healthy? I'm sure they'd be pretty good considering they probably come right from the distributor and never get to the petco store.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by George9 View Post

Were the fish from petco healthy? I'm sure they'd be pretty good considering they probably come right from the distributor and never get to the petco store.
They ship from a distributor. I ordered a flame fin tomini tang, couple cleaner shrimp, pair of saddleback black clowns, and a powder brown tang and all of them are thriving in my display tank and never contracted ick or any parasites. I also QT and treat for ick and parasites no matter what on new fish for 6-8 weeks. The tangs stayed in QT for 8 weeks. Very healthy in my opinion.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com