Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-02-2004, 01:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to mikebranson
Buying Fish - LFS or Online Ordering?? Any Suggestions..?

Waiting on Ick to pass and then im going to be looking for a few new fish. Not too happy with my one and only LFS.
Anybody had luck with any particular websites or any lfs in the dallas/shreveport areas? I'm in Tyler, TX.

TIA,
Michael

Old 12-02-2004, 10:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have had good luck with liveaquaria.com They have a flat shipping fee and a decent warrenty on fish. I have had a couple losses from them and they credited my account, no questioned asked. Packaging was do nvery well.

Old 12-02-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

I just got a mandarin from LiveAquaria. The first shipment had the wrong zip code and did not make it fro my Saturday delivery. Needless to say, neither did the mandarin. I had them re-ship and that arrived fine. The mandarin is doing well in the tank. Just make sure you double check your shipping address with them.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks for the info...
I'll check out liveaquaria.com...
Old 12-02-2004, 09:00 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've ordered fish from saltwaterfish.com and have been happy.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:23 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

There is a nice lfs in Nacogdoches called Discovery Realm Aquatics - not too far a drive from Tyler. It's been a long time since I was there so you may want to give them a call before going but I remember the owner was very knowledgable.

Don't forget to check AA Sponsors first.

www.macna2006.com
saberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:23 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks
Old 12-09-2004, 02:34 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

If you're interested in corals, I've heard that Saltwater Paradise in Irving (O'Connor Rd.) is the best place to go in the D/FW area. If you've got the money, Dallas North Aquarium seems to have a good selection, but I would be wary of the help and advice you get there. One place that surprised me was Pet-O-Rama (formerly Planet Pet) in Bedford (Harwood and Brown Tr). They had an extensive selection of saltwater fish, inverts and corals. I was only there for a bit, but the staff seemed to be pretty knowledgeable.

Good luck!
Old 12-09-2004, 02:49 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
There is an article in our articles area on buying livestock online. It wont point to any specific website but it will give you information on things to consiter when picking an online store and things to be aware of when placing an online livestock order.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying fish, lfs, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com