Buying Fish - LFS or Online Ordering?? Any Suggestions..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikebranson

Aquarium Advice Regular
Waiting on Ick to pass and then im going to be looking for a few new fish. Not too happy with my one and only LFS.
Anybody had luck with any particular websites or any lfs in the dallas/shreveport areas? I'm in Tyler, TX.

TIA,
Michael

I have had good luck with liveaquaria.com They have a flat shipping fee and a decent warrenty on fish. I have had a couple losses from them and they credited my account, no questioned asked. Packaging was do nvery well.

I just got a mandarin from LiveAquaria. The first shipment had the wrong zip code and did not make it fro my Saturday delivery. Needless to say, neither did the mandarin. I had them re-ship and that arrived fine. The mandarin is doing well in the tank. Just make sure you double check your shipping address with them.

There is a nice lfs in Nacogdoches called Discovery Realm Aquatics - not too far a drive from Tyler. It's been a long time since I was there so you may want to give them a call before going but I remember the owner was very knowledgable.

If you're interested in corals, I've heard that Saltwater Paradise in Irving (O'Connor Rd.) is the best place to go in the D/FW area. If you've got the money, Dallas North Aquarium seems to have a good selection, but I would be wary of the help and advice you get there. One place that surprised me was Pet-O-Rama (formerly Planet Pet) in Bedford (Harwood and Brown Tr). They had an extensive selection of saltwater fish, inverts and corals. I was only there for a bit, but the staff seemed to be pretty knowledgeable.

Good luck!

There is an article in our articles area on buying livestock online. It wont point to any specific website but it will give you information on things to consiter when picking an online store and things to be aware of when placing an online livestock order.

Back
Top Bottom