buying frags from a local guy, need help with my lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pelochas

Aquarium Advice Activist
below is a list what im sure im going to buy. i know i need more lighting for these frags but need some quick help about my Coralife PC 260w 2-10,000 and 2 Actnic lighting. im going to upgrade asap, but let me know if any of the following is in danger or inadequate with my lighting?

zoa frags

red mushrooms

Capnella colonies

Large neon green galaxia colony

Pompon xenia rock

candy corals

medium large chromis

scooter blenny

algae blenny

small molly miller blenny

if i should not buy them, just let me know.
thanks,

You will want to keep the galaxia near the top if not at the top. The shrooms and polyps wont be great looking at the bottom, but they should survive. Not sure about the candy cane.

GL!

IMO the galaxea may not do good under that lighting, if you do try it you need to get it up very close to the light. I have mine about 4" below the surface and it is doing very well. This coral also needs lots of room because it has long sweepers tentacles that come out and they will sting other corals.

tank is 75 gal, 48 long, 18 wide, 22 deep

i can place the galaxea up on the top from 2 to 6 inches from the top. but it may be too much trouble so i may let it go to someone else

i have the retrofit PC 260 watt kit from coralife where i have it installed on my canopy. not a tall canopy where MH can be installed. so what is my next best option. i want to add and not remove what i alrady have. i the canopy is 6 inches tall so there will be heat/burning issue with MH light that close to the water. I was looking into some HQI lights, are those smaller and similiar to what i need?

by the way i do have a 1/4 hp chiller, not installed sitting beside the sump but i do have it.
thanks for your replies.

You can get more PC or go with VHO lighting, MH are not needed to have Galaxea I am running 4x 160 VHO on my 125 and if you view my gallery you can see the galaxea in the center of the tank up high.

Back
Top Bottom