Bye, bye biocube...upgrade time!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You not lying your plugging away looks awesome , now you got room for all those baby nems ,
have you thought of maybe a Mc Cosker's Flasher wrasse it would bring in more color to a awesome looking tank , for some reason I been becoming a big wrasse junkie already have 6 , I love my engineer goby in my reef they are very laid back , and when they grow bigger they look like a miniature eel , they also have a great personality always greeting me as I walk in the room ,
may even like the dark blue reef chromis they make a very nice addition in small schools ,
a long nose hawk fish would be another choice beautiful fish ,
keep up the good work as now you have tons of room to play again (y)

Thanks!! I'm loving some of the wrasses too! I'm down to 4-5 weeks before I can reintroduce my fish to the display tank. They seem to be doing well in hypo and I haven't seen white spots on them in a week. I'm hoping I can hold the water stable and bring them out of hypo successfully, anyone have experience with this process? Not sure the next steps after that. I wanted to promptly move my RFAs to the cube but now that my female is "pregnant" I don't want to disturb her. I guess I'll set it up and let it have a good cycle...or I'll use it as a QT for new fish until the nems are ready.

I was bored early this morning and played around with a collage of the fish I'd like to stock in this tank. I know the dragonet is debatable, but I have a 10 gallon tank breeding pods that I could continually reseed the tank with, we'll see....and I left off a goby or blenny, and think I'd like one of those too. Lots to think about over the next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That leopard wrasse will wipe the tank of pods and outcompete the mandarin unfortunately. They are pod hunting machines. Mine goes around all day picking the rocks. The rest of the stock looks good

That leopard wrasse will wipe the tank of pods and outcompete the mandarin unfortunately. They are pod hunting machines. Mine goes around all day picking the rocks. The rest of the stock looks good

Well, bummer. But good to know though. They are both awesome, I'm not sure which one to go with now.

Not many updates. I looked at rocks yesterday, still need 10-15lbs, but I don't know how I want the final aquascape to look so I didn't pick up any. I'm trying to be more intentional with inhabitants and placements in this tank but it's just making it hard to make any decisions. I did get a frogspawn (or Octospawn as recently introduced to by bdonaldson). Here's some updated pictures (just cell pics). I'd like a clam in the middle sand bed and maybe an elegance to the left corner.

Trying to take a break from staring at the RFA babies and give a little TLC to the new display tank. I picked up some more rocks today and rescaped a little but haven't placed all my corals yet. Looking for some suggestions for placement. I want to clear off the sand bed as much as possible because I want to have a diamond goby and know it will cover anything in sand with sand! I love the giant new Tonga branch rock, just want to make sure I cover it correctly with coral. Thinking of moving my sun coral to the left side facing away from the light and MAYBE adding GSP to the bottom of the rock and see what it does. I may move my baby grandis palys to the middle of the branch, birds nest to the front left tip and look for a rainbow monti for the back tip...not sure for the right tip. For the platform I'm thinking either a clam or an elegance, which ever I don't put there I will put on the empty sand bed. Plan to move all the acans up to the middle rock. Want to cover the left from rock with ricordea. Would like a chalice somewhere but not sure where yet. Thoughts? Suggestions??

FTS!

Left side

Right side

The top looks of the branches look like a good spot for some acros :). Or you could make like an encrusting monti garden. Rainbow, sunset, chile pepper, Jedi mind trick. Could be kinda cool until they start to fight lol

I'd love to try some acro but they scare me! I'd probably kill them all overnight. If I were to try, is there one that's more forgiving?? My montis bleached out about two weeks ago after a water change, color and polyp extension are starting to come back but it stinks to see that rich color fade to dull :(. I never tested but I'm guessing there was a swing in alk or something that caused it.

My green slimer been very hardy. Same with my Ora red planet.

Looking good! I really like the branch rock. SPSs would look good on it. The green slimer is a killer idea. You could also go with some torches possibly. I'm sure they would have to be light acclimated slowly but I've seen it done too look like a bonsai tree.

4a57acf4655f2ceb4f56f8478d94bc61.jpg

A little cleaned up and moved around FTS.

Still no fish, I'm at 6 weeks fishless after ich so I'm almost ready. My possum wrasse (aka mr. Mustache) is doing great in QT and I hope to move him into display in a week or so. I think my next addition will be flasher wrasse pair, not sure if I'm going McCoskers or carpenter....we'll see what the LFS has in stock.

A few other pics...some of my Zoas are coming back to life and taking off. I'm ready for a zoa garden!!

Looking great! Glad the possum wrasse is good, they are cool little dudes.

Picked up two fish for the new tank today. Got them home and in a bucket, salinity of their water was 1.018!! And of course I slacked on my top offs this weeks so tank is up to 1.027! Agh!! I've been dripping the fish for almost two hours and slowing switching out tank water for rodi water 2 cups at a time and I'm only at tank 1.025 and fish bucket, 1.02...I'm going to be up all night at this rate trying to get them acclimated.

Well my new diamond goby jumped last? I had the glass lid on, but there is just the slightest space still opened. He was a pretty big size, I'm surprised he fit through it.

My other fish is doing well and has been out exploring & eating this morning. There are so many colors and he looks different from different angles and in different light.

He's really impressive when his dorsal fin is up, but it's hard to get a good picture of it. Here's it partially up.

Sorry to hear about the diamond goby, that really stinks. :( However that carpenter's wrasse is gorgeous! I would look into a screen top versus glass. Glass tops are more of a freshwater thing. You really want as much oxygen getting to the water surface as possible.
PS, I got me a wrasse acclimating right now. ;)

Exciting! Can't wait to see which one!

What kind of screen do you use? I just figured that was easier for people to cut than glass and that's why everyone did screen tops, lol! Oops!

Exciting! Can't wait to see which one!

What kind of screen do you use? I just figured that was easier for people to cut than glass and that's why everyone did screen tops, lol! Oops!

I bought a screen window kit at Lowe's and used bird netting that I also go there. I plan on switching to the clear BRS 1/4" netting possibly tomorrow. My buddy go some that I plan to get a piece of. The holes in the bird netting are 1/2", too big for the new wrasse.

Back
Top Bottom