Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-12-2016, 11:18 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
You not lying your plugging away looks awesome , now you got room for all those baby nems ,
have you thought of maybe a Mc Cosker's Flasher wrasse it would bring in more color to a awesome looking tank , for some reason I been becoming a big wrasse junkie already have 6 , I love my engineer goby in my reef they are very laid back , and when they grow bigger they look like a miniature eel , they also have a great personality always greeting me as I walk in the room ,
may even like the dark blue reef chromis they make a very nice addition in small schools ,
a long nose hawk fish would be another choice beautiful fish ,
keep up the good work as now you have tons of room to play again

Thanks!! I'm loving some of the wrasses too! I'm down to 4-5 weeks before I can reintroduce my fish to the display tank. They seem to be doing well in hypo and I haven't seen white spots on them in a week. I'm hoping I can hold the water stable and bring them out of hypo successfully, anyone have experience with this process? Not sure the next steps after that. I wanted to promptly move my RFAs to the cube but now that my female is "pregnant" I don't want to disturb her. I guess I'll set it up and let it have a good cycle...or I'll use it as a QT for new fish until the nems are ready.

I was bored early this morning and played around with a collage of the fish I'd like to stock in this tank. I know the dragonet is debatable, but I have a 10 gallon tank breeding pods that I could continually reseed the tank with, we'll see....and I left off a goby or blenny, and think I'd like one of those too. Lots to think about over the next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 03-12-2016, 11:30 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

That leopard wrasse will wipe the tank of pods and outcompete the mandarin unfortunately. They are pod hunting machines. Mine goes around all day picking the rocks. The rest of the stock looks good

bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:42 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
That leopard wrasse will wipe the tank of pods and outcompete the mandarin unfortunately. They are pod hunting machines. Mine goes around all day picking the rocks. The rest of the stock looks good

Well, bummer. But good to know though. They are both awesome, I'm not sure which one to go with now.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:06 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Not many updates. I looked at rocks yesterday, still need 10-15lbs, but I don't know how I want the final aquascape to look so I didn't pick up any. I'm trying to be more intentional with inhabitants and placements in this tank but it's just making it hard to make any decisions. I did get a frogspawn (or Octospawn as recently introduced to by bdonaldson). Here's some updated pictures (just cell pics). I'd like a clam in the middle sand bed and maybe an elegance to the left corner.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:53 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Trying to take a break from staring at the RFA babies and give a little TLC to the new display tank. I picked up some more rocks today and rescaped a little but haven't placed all my corals yet. Looking for some suggestions for placement. I want to clear off the sand bed as much as possible because I want to have a diamond goby and know it will cover anything in sand with sand! I love the giant new Tonga branch rock, just want to make sure I cover it correctly with coral. Thinking of moving my sun coral to the left side facing away from the light and MAYBE adding GSP to the bottom of the rock and see what it does. I may move my baby grandis palys to the middle of the branch, birds nest to the front left tip and look for a rainbow monti for the back tip...not sure for the right tip. For the platform I'm thinking either a clam or an elegance, which ever I don't put there I will put on the empty sand bed. Plan to move all the acans up to the middle rock. Want to cover the left from rock with ricordea. Would like a chalice somewhere but not sure where yet. Thoughts? Suggestions??

FTS!

Left side

Right side

Old 03-29-2016, 09:41 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

The top looks of the branches look like a good spot for some acros . Or you could make like an encrusting monti garden. Rainbow, sunset, chile pepper, Jedi mind trick. Could be kinda cool until they start to fight lol

Old 03-30-2016, 05:20 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I'd love to try some acro but they scare me! I'd probably kill them all overnight. If I were to try, is there one that's more forgiving?? My montis bleached out about two weeks ago after a water change, color and polyp extension are starting to come back but it stinks to see that rich color fade to dull . I never tested but I'm guessing there was a swing in alk or something that caused it.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:27 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

My green slimer been very hardy. Same with my Ora red planet.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:19 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Looking good! I really like the branch rock. SPSs would look good on it. The green slimer is a killer idea. You could also go with some torches possibly. I'm sure they would have to be light acclimated slowly but I've seen it done too look like a bonsai tree.

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:08 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

That is a pretty cool idea with the different color torches!

Tags
bio, biocube, cube, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com