Bye, bye biocube...upgrade time!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I successfully treated and brought my possum wrasse out of hypo and added him to the DT last night. He seems very happy to be back in a reef setting and is pecking away at the rocks. He and the flasher seem to be getting a long well too, even though the flasher bows up at him a lot. The plus is I was able to get a pic of the dorsal fin up

And a short video of the new friends
http://youtu.be/wZ0PSBc2BAE

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got my first Acro today! Just got in the tank, I'll post a picture when I get some polyp extension. Hint...its slimy...

Ugh I hate handling my green slimer out of the water...it's so gross lol. I'm assuming that's what you got?

Ugh I hate handling my green slimer out of the water...it's so gross lol. I'm assuming that's what you got?

Bingo! I tried not to touch it too much and hold the plug instead but I did get a feel of the infamous slime.

Nice it's a super hardy acro and the green is so bright

I successfully treated and brought my possum wrasse out of hypo and added him to the DT last night. He seems very happy to be back in a reef setting and is pecking away at the rocks. He and the flasher seem to be getting a long well too, even though the flasher bows up at him a lot. The plus is I was able to get a pic of the dorsal fin up

And a short video of the new friends
http://youtu.be/wZ0PSBc2BAE

Very nice! I love the wrasses! That little possum wrasse is adorable.

Thanks Paul, I'm really happy he made it out of the ich healthy. We really bonded while he was in QT alone. He used to be pretty shy, but anytime I'm looking at the tank now he comes straight up to me and wags around like a dog begging for food. And I love his pencil thin mustache.

Love the wrasse dominated tank :). Where's a pic of the slimer?

Love the wrasse dominated tank :). Where's a pic of the slimer?

I never got great PE tonight, but here's one I took shortly after going in. It has three branches and tallest is about 2inches or more, I think I got a good deal on it for $20??

Looks good! You'll get PE don't worry. Give it lots of light and flow! Mine loves flow

Check out what I'm dripping now! I'm so excited, I've seen pictures of these starfish but haven't ever seen in at my LFS. I'm excited about the gorg too but mostly for the star. There is another smaller one on it too but I think it's some other kind, or its just very small with less branches.

It's in the tank! So cool, Love it! And the second one that was on the gorg is a basket star too, it had started to open during acclimation but wrapped itself up again when I put it in the tank. From what I've ready they are pretty hardy starfish. Hope so! Oh and the gorgonian is beautiful too ?I'll post a pic when all the polyps open...I know I said I wasn't doing another nps but he said this was hardier than most so I hope that's true.

Pic of the gorg open and the star at feeding time.

Possum wrasse is a camera hog these days :)

Very nice gorg and that star is awesome! Loving the little possum though.

Thanks Paul! The gorg definitely has a very vibrant color to it. Unfortunately the star stays curled up most of the day but I've read that they may begin to open when I feed the tank.

I've got a new fish acclimating now...another wrasse, one I hadn't been considering but after watching it and looking it up at the LFS I thought It would be a great addition and nice color contrast to my other fish.

Haha! Here they are! Bad cell photos of fast blurry wrasses..but you get the idea.

He goes by many names, they had it listed as a solar fairy wrasse, but I've seen red eyed fairy wrasse, clown wrasse, redheaded wrasse, etc..

Getting acclimated

With the welcome crew

Exploring the tank

Back
Top Bottom