Bye, bye biocube...upgrade time!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck with the dragons breath. Mine grows too slow and I have to pull hair algae off of it so it isn't smothered.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You need to move the Dragons Breath up closer to the light.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

When it starts getting the orange growth on the tips it is in a good spot.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Picked up this cute guy today, citron clown goby. He's bigger than my clowns right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My Solon fairy wrasse had a brush with death yesterday. I was messing around between the two tanks and had the lid propped halfway off. I'm not sure how long he was out, but when I went to feed the tank I noticed he wasn't swimming around. I looked around the tank and he had jumped out behind it. I could tell he still looked wet so I pick him up quickly and put him in the water I had just changed. Poor thing was cover in dust and dog hair (reminder to vacuum behind the tank stand!!). I carefully blew off and sucked out the dust/hair and added back new tank water...he was upside down struggling to breath for a long time. I finally put him back in the tank when he could halfway stay upright and he went to hide in the back, still struggling to breath...after 30-45 minutes I couldn't find him and thought the worst. Lights had not come on before I left for work so I didn't see him this morning. Tonight I got home and he was hiding in the center cave. I feed the tank and out he came and seems to be fine!! (Ignore the algae, constant battle)

Glad you caught it and he's doing good! I've had that happen before as well, and we have 3 dogs. One is a husky, always hair on my floor. Lol.

Wow, been a while since I've updated. Ups and downs with this tank. All fish have been doing great, but still battling hair algae which has take over some corals. I bought a RoDI filter to start making my own water so I can do more frequent water changes. I also think I need to order more snails/clean up crew, after seeing the custom packages from reef cleaners I think I'm way under stocked with cleaners. Here's a pic of one of my cute inverts I hardly get to see.

Cute little pom pom. Give vibrant from UWC a look. The stuff is magical.

Thanks Paul! I may have to try that! I dosed microbactor and it helped a little, I kind of think I need to do do some very aggressive water changes (like back to back 15 gallon changes...only because that's as much as I have room to make at one time).

Off work for spring break and on a count down to summer! Gave my tanks some much needed TLC and starting to make plans for additions over the summer. A few updated shots of the tank.

Fluffy, flowy Frogspawn

Tailspot blenny, love his cute face

Blue Zoas spreading quickly

bird nest growing like a weed lately

Mushroom forest

Wanna send me the biocube

Haha! I actually kept it, it is now my RFA garden:

Nice to see your updates, things look healthy. What is your light?

Autumn, I have a Kessil 160w. I probably should have sprung for the 360w at the time for better coverage, but I didn't. This give great lighting for the most of the tank but I do lower light corals on the side edges.

Updated FTS

image.jpg

Looking pretty good there! Nice to see you showing those off.

About your light, I might be springing for a new light - probably, but figuring which one is the hard part. Before you mentioned the 360W, for what sized tank again, 14G???

I lost 3 RFA a little while back. 2 a few days apart they began losing elasticity/body and then and the other within a couple weeks later. They were seemingly the same types. I have a couple other types still now. Ones that are like warty ones which are really huge and the one fancy one I got last year, still rather small 2-3in.

Any idea how long they live?

Not exactly sure why, but wondering if it was my slack behavior of letting the water evaporate for a week then adding the RO water back in and then - other than the salinity increasing some during the week the tanks still got pwc about 7-10 days like always.

Pretty soon I am getting a upgrade size tank when I find the right deal, maybe a 30-50G. I got a decent used 90G SW tank with Current USA light then chickened out with the thought of maintenance. It is still in the garage. Really just can't make up my mind. :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom