Ca/Alk levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Collecting opinions...What do you run your Ca/Alk levels at? I'm 410/2.86mEq, but thinking maybe I should increase both.

450 & 9-11 (I don't know the mEq that correlates to off the top of my head :))

I think 1 meg/L = 2.8 Dkh.

I run mine at 420 Ca and 3-3.5 meg/L. I used to use Kalk but I am seeing how it goes with just normal water changes with Oceanic salt. I have been topping off straight RO water for 3 weeks now and so far so good.

I have a hammer, frogspawn, Lobo, candy cane, Yellow scroll, Orange Monti cap, Monti Digita, Blue tip Acro(2"), tricolor acro(2"), Staghorn acro(5"), blue/purple acro(4"), Green bali slimer(2")

I am not seeing a big Ca usage yet but my colonies are small still.

Brad said:
Collecting opinions...What do you run your Ca/Alk levels at? I'm 410/2.86mEq, but thinking maybe I should increase both.
Almost identical to what you have now, mabye a tad lower. Has been for many many years.

Unless you have a chronic pH problem, I see no benefit in elevating from where you have them now. IME it's pretty much right where you need it to be for healthy scleractinian growth.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom