Ca very high, ph high, alk low, what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I tested my calcium and it is over 650, my ph on the strip test was higher than the highest it had, and my alk was a little low, what should I do about this. Some of my corals are not opening up like they should be and sometimes they just close up throughout the day. I have some Kent marine Pro buffer with coraline accellerator and also the calcium that comes with that. Can I use the buffer seperate from the calcium? It was not purchased togethor. They are sold seperate in the store. Also my coraline algae has pretty much bleached white all over except an area where not much light gets, that spot is very purple. Please anybody help!

TIA,
Josh

I tested my calcium and it is over 650, my ph on the strip test was higher than the highest it had, and my alk was a little low, what should I do about this.

First order of business is to double check the results, have the LFS test and verify your results.

What test kits are you using?

I would get someone else to test then, preferrably someone using a higher quality test kit. I recommend Salifert. Unless your fish and or corals are in obvious distress, there is time to verify the reading before taking any drastic action.

The easiest way is with water changes with a salt that tests low or normal in CA. In your situation, I might recommend IO which tends to mix at about 350 ppm CA and 13 DKH ALK.

Back
Top Bottom