cal & mag sups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nosaj81

Aquarium Advice Activist
well its time to buy some more calcium and magnesium sups and wondering what everyone uses, i have been using seachem reef advantage calcium, and magnesium, looking for best bang for my buck

There any reason you are dosing your tank? I'm hoping that you are testing the things you are dosing as dosing blindly can put parameters way out of whack and cause tank crashes.

I dose kalk through my ATO for Ca and Alk. As far as Mg, I dose 5ml of Brightwell Aquatics Magnesion twice a day for a total of 10ml per day.

I've looked there and for a 5 gal bucket of mag chloride and calcium chloride it is almost $300 because i live in canada just dislocated my shoulder not working because of it so don't have that kind of money right now

they sell smaller sizes, not sure about shipping to Canada, but if you look up Randy's Recipe I think its called, he uses stuff you can buy cheap in grocery stores.

I started using Redsea 3 part cal/alk/mag and im really happy with the results. I have trouble keeping my alk up and so far its been the best product ive tried...

Bulk reef supply does ship to Canada but only through UPS. I personally refuse to use UPS plus they charge an additional fee for crossing the border. Check out JL aquatics out of Vancouver. They ship Canada post and have a pretty good stockpile of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom