Calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I been running my tank for an year now and never added calcium, my calcium always 500 i dont know where this calcium coming from and y it aint dropping, is the water im using having enough calcium, i dont have calcium reactor

Sure, most reef salt mixes are high in calcium for obvious reasons, if you don't have a high SPS load, water changes will more than provide sufficient calcium.

Are you using a refractometer or a hydrometer to measure your salinity? I had the same issue and it turned out to be a crappy hydrometer. It was reading 1.025 when my sg was actually 1.030. Got a refractometer and all my reading are normal.

ccCapt im using kent

Bioteacher u r absolutely right but in wrong thread ?

Bioteacher u r absolutely right but in wrong thread ��

Bioteacher's response is absolutely accurate & appropriate for this thread. If your salinity is inadverdently high, then the concentration of other minerals will be as well. Below is a picture of one of my salt buckets illustrating this very point.....

Attachments

• photo49.JPG
    photo49.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 45
I use a refractor meter for measuring since I discovered hydrometers are crap. Although I just found out I need to use a solution to calibrate them. Anyway, I like the the red sea pro salt mix. It's more powdery. Mixes better. And doesn't clump as hard as reef crystals. My corals actually started growing when I started using it. I thought my Xenia was a runt for the last two years. Now all my corals are growing like weeds. I think it's got the perfect balance of minerals. Especially calcium. It's always right on target.

Back
Top Bottom