Calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys my calcium levels are at 320 in my 9gallon nano can anyone tell me the best way to bring my calcium back up? My corals look absolutely beautiful it's the best I have seen them but still would like it to be up at around 400

Use a reef grade salt mix with a higher calcium level. That should keep your levels stable and close to natural sea water, until you have a large amount of coral.

For the size of my tank would you consider this to be a large amount?

3 mushrooms
1plate
2 torch one pinkish and one brown
1hammer
1 Duncan

Hard to say. If these are just frags, then no, but if they are pretty large pieces, then I would look into a 2 part dosing regimen. B-ionic or something like that should be fine for that small tank. If that starts getting expensive, then you can look to bulk reef supply for larger amounts.
Remember, you can't add calcium without effecting alkalinity, and magnesium also needs to be in line with the other two.
And the most important thing I can tell you- Don't add blindly. Test and test again and make sure you are adding just what you are using. I would rather not add anything and accept slower growth than majorly screw up parameters.

Hard to say. If these are just frags, then no, but if they are pretty large pieces, then I would look into a 2 part dosing regimen. B-ionic or something like that should be fine for that small tank. If that starts getting expensive, then you can look to bulk reef supply for larger amounts.
Remember, you can't add calcium without effecting alkalinity, and magnesium also needs to be in line with the other two.
And the most important thing I can tell you- Don't add blindly. Test and test again and make sure you are adding just what you are using. I would rather not add anything and accept slower growth than majorly screw up parameters.

+1 Amen

Thanks X I knew about dosing and that and I also knew that it would affect other things I just didn't know what thanks for letting me know my corals mostly are frags I guess my Duncan only has two developed heads and has 2 more growing ATM

Back
Top Bottom