Calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefnubie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone!
It has been a while since I have had the chance to get back into this forum, been very busy here lately, so if anyone has made any suggestions, or have had any questions, please forgive my not answering by now, because I am most definitely GRATEFUL to all, and will check to see if there are any responses when I have the time, and will respond accordingly.
Thank You!
I have one question though,
I read in one article from a discussion in what I believe to be "marine aquatics", although at the top left of the article it says "ALLExperts", which was answered on 2/21/2010 by an aquarium expert by the name of Glen Fritz, that said "Welcome to marine aquatics" to the person asking the question about their 125 gallon saltwater aquarium they had recently purchased, as being unable to get their calcium levels below 512, by answering, "512 is high but not dangerous. It can lower alkalinity and raise pH, but those are more easily maintained."
In another article posted in eHow, said that if ones calcium reached levels above 500ppm, that it could possibly drop the pH of the water, which would be detrimental to saltwater fish that have high pH requirements.
I'M CONFUSED!
Who is correct?
One says it raises pH, and the other says just the opposite by stating that it actually lowers the pH.
If anyone can please educate me on this, I would be most appreciative!

Sincerely,
reefnubie,
Rodney

Mr. Fritz would be correct... though at the level the effect on pH an Alk would be negligible.

Thank You fort384!
I really do appreciate your getting back with me and clearing this up for me!
It really had me confused there for a moment, with the conflicting statements on the same subject!
I hope you have a GREAT weekend,
and,
God Bless!!!

reefnubie,
Rodney

Back
Top Bottom