calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeff8183

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im using Oceans Blend calcium and ph buffer at the moment, but about to run out just got some when i first started keeping corals because thats what the LFS recommended but they dont have a big selection on dry goods. Anyone want to give me some recomendations on a better additive or is this one ok?

I use B-Ionic 2 part buffer system. Works great! Make sure you test that CA. I don't have to dose but once or twice a week!

WHat corals do you have? Dosing calcium is not always necessary. Most salt mixes will have enough unless you have a lot of hard corals that are depleting your Ca levels.

yea i dont have any corals at the moment but use aragamilk, made by caribsea i believe, after each water change to replace some trace minerals.

As far as balanced 2 part ca/alk additives go, B-ionic all the way! A great product IME. As I've said before, when I started using it my whole tank looked better. HTH

My salt mix has a Ca level of 445 right out of the bag. I know IO is a bit lower but why dose when you have no need too. I guess corraline will grow faster but that it start eventually on its own. At some point, you will start to hate scraping it off the glass. I have a reef tank with softies, LPS and SPS's and I don't dose anything.

I have heard B-ionic is great though. Don't dose unless you are testing though.

Back
Top Bottom