Calibration Fluid for Refractometer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just want make sure the 53.0 mS. Solution is the correct one for the Refractometer?

Yeah. I have been using the same thing. But someone on here said it's better with the Fluid? Does it matter?

Oh and Mike Congrats on winning the Fantasy BasketBall... It was the trade we made that made the difference in your team winning...LOL... JK

I just want make sure the 53.0 mS. Solution is the correct one for the Refractometer?
Yes, that is 35ppt. It's better to calibrate your refracto at 35ppt than it is at 0 with RO. I don't care if it reads 0 correctly. I want it to read 35ppt correctly since that's where I keep my water.

So with the calibration solution I would calibrate it to 1.026 and 35ppt? Instead of calibrating to 0? Cause that's where my system is at right now 1.026 and 35ppt... That's where I want to keep it at?

I would say that if it`s right at 0 then it will be right at 35 but Larry would know more about it then I would. Go by what he says.

Back
Top Bottom