Camden NJ aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msamsonz28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday I went to the aquarium and had a blast! I went to the aquarium in Charleston SC a few times, but this is the first time I have been to one since I started my own tank. I was so amazed. My girlfriend love it as well although her favorite part was the hippo exhibit. Has anyone else been to either Camden or Charleston aquarium? This is my fav pic I took from yesterday. This guy was huge!

Attachments

• aquarium111.jpg
    aquarium111.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 68
The aquarium was closed for an extended period of time (close to a year, I think) for a major overhaul. I can't wait to visit again now that it is reopened!!

I also haven't been there since they closed it. I went quite a bit a couple of summers ago. My favorite Aquarium is the Baltimore Aquarium. Glad you enjoyed our little piece of the ocean. My husband and I went to the aquarium in New Orleans when we were down there in March. It was the first time since having our own SW aquarium also. It is amazing how differently you see it once your eyes are opened to what reefkeeping actually takes on a small scale...

I have been to the Camden Aquairum. I am originally from Jersey and remember the opening. I now live in Maryland and man oh man the Baltimore Aquarium really rocks in comparison. If you ever have the opportunity, make the trip. I believe in 07 they will have finished the Austrailian Exhibit which is right next door. It dwarfs the aquaium and is going to be out of this world.

I too grew up in NJ and now live in Maryland. The Baltimore aquarium blows away the Camden aquarium, no question. We just went last weekend.

I would have to say my favorite is The Monterey Bay aquarium in CA. That place is awesome. And it's also where they filmed the whale scenes in Star Trek 4. (No, they do not really have whales!)

However, from the looks of the addition they are building in Baltimore, it may become my new favorite when it's completed.

My LFS has a lionfish that is 3 years old they raised from a baby. Its bigger than 12" now.

After lookin at all these pics I still rank Tulsa Aquarium as the best one though.

Its the largest in the US.

They do some shark feedings and stuff too.

Aquarium-from-Above-small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom