Came home to a surprise please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ncc490

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I left on a 7day cruise last week and left my tank in my dad's "responsible" hands. I just told him to feed them and change out the skimmer. Now before I left I noticed my algae in my tank was getting a lil overbearing but not to much. So I left. My dad for some odd reason thought the blue lights would kill the algae so he left them on ALL THE TIME. Well I got home and found it covered with hair algae like to a huge extent. Pictures below. Please help me get rid of it or some of it!!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398303843.020017.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398303859.505607.jpg

Tune the lights off or for the least amount of time your corals can handle and get some turbo snails. And just jive it some time. I found the blue and moonlight on you befor or after the white light was on didn't help. made it worse. I only use my blue lights when I go ppl over

The very first thing you should do before anything else is to physically remove the algae of course. Before you do your pwc use hose to siphon while scraping those in the glass and rocks. With water from tank, you can also take those rocks out and clean them in the bucket using tooth brush.

Manuel removal will be your best bet reducing the amount will help and then just frequent water changes you could try do a 3 day black out if worse come to worse

Snails and cuc won't touch it if it's long so like said before you have to remove it by hand and then the cuc should eat all the new shoots that grow.

Snails and cuc won't touch it if it's long so like said before you have to remove it by hand and then the cuc should eat all the new shoots that grow.

I just got four turbo snails and let him go and it was a good inch and they clean it up in three day then took them out and got 10 small ones haven't had a problem since

Back
Top Bottom