Can a bta kill my mushroom coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neilandsarah.uk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have recently bought a large bubble tip anenome when introducing it to my tank it rolled over my mushroom coral. It has since changed colour and gone grey and folded onto itself. Would my anenome have done this

Not sure about particular corals but my bta killed one of my corals, I would suggest keeping a careful eye on where it's going so you can move things in time when it's happy it stop moving and you can relax a bit then! having said that I'm only a novice with marine, someone else might have a better suggestion.

Have to agree with the above. I would clear any corals around it so it doesn't happen again.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

Another thing... it doesn't sound like your bta is doing good.

How new is your tank?

Was it cycled?

It's the mushroom which has changed colour anemone is doing very well

Attachments

• image-2276436946.jpg
    image-2276436946.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 209
The answer is yes it could have damaged your mushroom. IMO anenomes dont need to be in a reef tank as they will damage corals and can travelto other places in the tank.

Agreed...he is going to cause a lot of trouble to your corals. I have become a believer in having either coral or anemones in a closed system, but not both. I know people mix them all the time, but I think it causes a lot of issues.

Back
Top Bottom