Can acro polyps change colour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can acro polyps change colour?

I am just wondering this as i have heard of sps corals changeing colour, eg the zooanthelae making it drown out, along with other things. And i am now lucky enough to have this happen to a few of my sps frags which have changed colour.

But is it just the main part of the coral which can change colour, or can the tips (if its got two colours), or the polyps change colour as well?

Andrew

I concur with reefrunner. ESPECIALLY when you just get the corals. If they had them under different lights than you do, they will colour up if you have better light. Also depending on your water conditions and if they are "fed"

yeah i feed them golden pearls, 5-50 microns, and cyclopeeze in a 24/7 feeder.

cool, i was hoping for that answer, i would love some of them to change to some nice colours.

do the corals or the polyps change first?

Hey kevin,
How does a law enforcement officer get so much time to be SO KNOWLEDGEABLE and be on the reefboard so much!! WOW!! ( I guess that is why you get the title Administrator)

I was actually a Police officer before I became a Financial Advisor. Kudos!!

Matt

PS Sorry for the wandering off topic!

How does a law enforcement officer get so much time to be SO KNOWLEDGEABLE and be on the reefboard so much!!

Well, you gotta read something at the donut shop, :lol:

Once I got introduced to SW aquariums, it became an obsession and very theraputic, the stresses of the job seem to simply go away when I'm sitting in front of my tank.

Back
Top Bottom