can apastasias harm my horn shark or sting ray?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can apastasias harm my horn shark or sting ray? i have sharks and rays with a little bit of live rock....no corals....some starfish....are apastasias bad for my tank?

I answered that in the scat room. Aiptasia will not harm your shark or ray. Just don't try to pull them out as this will only make them spread more.

poison the aiptasia with lemon juice..thats what i've been using in my brothers tank and it seems to be working pretty well...need to get it right in the stem though...or place a big blob on its head with the current turned off.

The shark and ray are pretty neat how long have you had them? and what do you feed them? i read online that the shark eats urchins, starfish, crabs, small fish, ect in the wild. Does it bother any of your critters?

I so wish I could keep a shark. Maybe some day I'll fire up a 300 gal tank to keep one but for now all I can do is dream. :(

poison the aiptasia with lemon juice..thats what i've been using in my brothers tank and it seems to be working pretty well...need to get it right in the stem though...or place a big blob on its head with the current turned off.

The shark and ray are pretty neat how long have you had them? and what do you feed them? i read online that the shark eats urchins, starfish, crabs, small fish, ect in the wild. Does it bother any of your critters?
thanks i read the same thing but suprisingly the shark never bothers anybody and i have red brittle stars,chocalate chip stars,african red stars,purple spine urchins,and a couple other types of star fish and nobody bothers anybody pretty tame.

T-Great how about some pics......I like the starfish variatys that you have.....

posting some now....did about 20 of them last night it looks like only a couple posted.......im on it

yes that is a pretty cool variety you got there! Ugh I have to stay away from the SW threads because I will end up living in a box (makes me want SW even more lol)

Okay, my bad...to much carbs and not enough meat....haaha

haha TC i thought the same thing. I thought it was just my work computer at first so i thought i would check at home and was doubly pissed :dope:

nice tank !! how big is that lion fish though ??
id say he was a medium size....but i had to get rid of him because he kept biting and stinging my horn shark....kinda messed up his eye for a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom