Can copepods survive long the mail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrg02d

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
I ordered some pods for my tank and they were shipped to me via Priority Mail. They were supposed to be here today according to the tracking (says out for delivery). The problem is that USPS seems to have had another oopsy as its well past the time for the mail to arrive today. This will mean that the poor pods will spend another day in their package. (Two days now without fresh water or air).

Maybe they will show up tomorrow (late). Should I be worried? Can they survive long?

Thanks,
Matt

i cant see ordering live creatures in the mail feesable. lets face it the USPS is another failing goverment agency replaced by e-mail and fedex/UPS. Now i understand no LFS but im not ragging you, more so the USPS they cant deliver anything on time.

With very few exceptions all my livestock has been mail order..No deaths (well one yellow tail died after a few days but there were mitigating circumstances). Fish, inverts, copepods, macro). Overnight and/or priority mail... not a problem..

Ask about our combined shipping deals and Easter specials..... It's all good dog... ruff ruff

Back
Top Bottom