Can coraline algae grow on glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skip_16157

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a solid red substance that looks somewhat like my red coraline algae on my LR growing on my glass. It is growing in a consistent manner. Is this possible and is it OK.

I have a solid red substance that looks somewhat like my red coraline algae on my LR growing on my glass. It is growing in a consistent manner. Is this possible and is it OK.

How big, pic please...

Yes and Yes....Leaving it there is up to you but, it will spread and cover everything at some point...I want it to do this in mine....I need stronger light I fear...

Soon you will have to scrape a bit to keep the front clean.

Can coraline algae grow on glass?

As Timbo2 said... You bet it can...

Here is a pic of my 20 gal tank after a few weeks of not scraping the front glass

DSCN0701.sized.jpg

As you can see I have purpleish coraline growing in my tank and it was spotted all over the tank.

That photo does not show the lights in the regard they deserve.

That photo was taken at the end of the bulbs livespan but there was 2 36W PC bulbs under the hood.

Now I have upped that to 2 55W PC bulbs.

ALso the amount of coraline makes the tank look dimmer than it is.

ok, would 2 175 MH and 2 40w NO actinics be ok for a 55 gal?

I agree, 2 175 watt MH and some actinics sound awesome for such a shallow tank, I like the plan

I have only 2 15w and 1 25w bulbs currently. Hellolights are out of stock of the VHO lights I want. As of right now my fish seem happy, so I am in no great hurry. My turbos did a great job with my algae. Since they all have been dieing now I am getting more algae. They can't win. They did such a good job that there was nothing left for them.

Any advice for my post if the sick fish forum?

Back
Top Bottom