Can Coraline DO THAT??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcandcritters

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a really nice peice of live rock that is covered in coraline algea and a few small polyps. Over the past week I noticed the algea was starting to cover the polyp and before I knew it... no more polyp! Will coraline destroy anything it gets close to? Should I keep my corals and polyps away from rocks with coraline algea on them?

Attachments

• nano1.jpg
    nano1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 192
  • nano1.jpg
    nano1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 138
No that sounds odd...
Sound slike you had other issues... Unless you cann see the polops under it? Can you ? Can't really tell from the pic where to look...

I agree. Too hard to tell what's going on from the pics. I was hoping they were before and after images :) Circling the problem area would be good, but from the look of the pic, I don't see any coraline growth on the face of that rock. I do see what look like they might be dead polyps?

Yea well, DORKY me sent the wrong pic! And twice at that!
Here's a pic of the rock before... now the mushroom is completly covered and unrecognizable. It's just a lump of purple resembling the rock. Sorry about the quality of the pic. It was the only close up I had of the rock.
Thanks!! :lol:

Attachments

• coraline_883.jpg
    coraline_883.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 121
I have coralline covered Lr and it has never taken over a coral??? I would say the coral was on its way out and that is why it happened.
How long have you had the coral/LR.

Back
Top Bottom