Can Feather Dusters move?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Mine sees to mysteriously move to another spot when I place him somewhere I just can't seem to find a happy spot for him. I don't see it moving I just see it's moved after the fact. Something could be knocking him off, I don't know.

Well feather dusters wont move unless they are unhappy with their location or stressed out. They cant move the entire tube just the worm inside will leave its tube and eventually usually die. Hope thas not the case with you!

No he's still in there. Maybe something keeps knocking him off his spot. Hummm sea urchin probably.

If he's still in the tube, he's getting bumped around. When they want to move they leave the tube behind. They are tres' creepy looking.

I had quite a few move around after I first setup my tank with all the LR. Since everyone found a place they liked, they generally haven't moved.

He attached to the rock so I guess he's happy he's next to mushroom and I thought they would sting him but I guess he don't mind.

They cant move unless they leave their tube so it has to be getting moved by something hitting it or moving it.
I had quite a few move around after I first setup my tank with all the LR. Since everyone found a place they liked, they generally haven't moved.

This one appears to be moving. I don't mean swimming around the tank, but he straightens his tube and curves around things with it. Looks like he's scooted a little further back. He's the one one that could have done that one. I don't know.

Scatcat said:
This one appears to be moving. I don't mean swimming around the tank, but he straightens his tube and curves around things with it. Looks like he's scooted a little further back. He's the one one that could have done that one. I don't know.

This is very possible, as FD are actually worms that have created a tube out of sand/calcium with filtering devices also created by the worm hence the feather term. Mine adjust themselves slightly to a position they prefer.... them bending around stuff is totally plausible.

Back
Top Bottom