Can I add 2 fish at once?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
To my main tank, or does it depend on the size and type of fish?

They would be a 2-3" Yellow Long-Nosed Butterfly and 2-3" Regal Tang. Assuming my tank is big enough.

Just be sure to qt them together and it should be fine. Don't buy one and qt then add another one to the qt later and then finish the first one. They both need to qt the same length of time in case the later one had something and didn't have enough time to show up before moving the first one to tank.

Okie...

So there won't be any territorality/bacteria/ammonia spike problems by adding them both at once?

How big is the tank. If you qt make sure there is somewhere for the regal to hide. You will have a small ammonia spike whenever you add anything new to a tank. Just do water changes and maybe use some Amquel or Prime to keep it under control. I'm qt'ing a regal now and she's been in for a little over 2 weeks. Apparantly they are very susceptible to ich and she is covered with a white powdery substance so I am treating for ich. Good luck with yours and I have heard that sometimes you actually want to add some kinds of fish at the same time to keep the territoriality to a minimum. I guess newbies together don't already have their own territory so there aren't as many problems. This is the way I understand it but some people may have a different story and I'd kinda like to know for sure myself as I am also restocking after a BIG ich outbreak.

Back
Top Bottom