Can I add a second False Percula Clown after two years?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wlam18

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have one for almost two years, it is about inches now. It is using a Colt as host. Don't know it is male or female. How bad if I add a second one to match mate the current? I don't how to pick male/female. I don't even know what size I should pick? Any advise?

As long as you pick a perc clown that is smaller than the one you currently have they should be fine. There is no telling for sure if they would definitely pair up, but getting a smaller perc. is your best chance.

Get the absolutely smallest one you can find. The one you have will probably be the female.

I added a smaller one recently. They do fine together.

Like they said...yours is probably a female by now. If you get a very very small one the chances that it has changed to a female are slim. This is what you want. As long as the new one is a juvenile that hasn't changed sex yet you should be fine. Unless your female is a complete :twisted: b*tch. Then you may have problems anyways.

Talk to your LFS and see if you can bring the clown back if there is going to be aggression. Just keep an eye on them at first. I think you will be fine with a small one tho.

Back
Top Bottom