can I add more???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tipton34

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added 5 fish to my 70 gallon about a week ago. The chemicals haven't changed, if anything nitrate as gone from 10 to 15 ppm. Is it alright to add a few more fish?

No not at all. You should wait at LEAST 2 weeks between fish, looks like you already went wrong when you added 5 fish in 1 week. You need to wait a few more weeks before your next fish for sure.

They are maybe an inch long. So they have very small bio-loads

I agree with nu nu wait a little longer (at least a week) and keep an eye on your levels and then if all's well you should be able to add a fish or two.

Personally I would be worried about starting a small spike in the water but if u are going to get them still I would add some type of bottled bacteria to just add some comfort to urself. Although I would wait a little longer personally.

What fish were u thinking about? Just curious

I added a bottle of bacteria when I started the tank if that helps. I'll go ahead and wait at least another week.

I'm not totally sure what fish I want but I was thinking some type of Blenny. And some type of active swimming. Maybe a Wrasse or dwarf angel

That's how I start it just needs time to increase its numbers...

I have a starry blenny thats very cool to watch even when he's just laying down. Red spot benny is also cool looking IMO.

I have a hovens(melanarus) wrasse and I think he is neat. He is questionable with inverts but no problems with mine with hermits or snails yet

I want something that will swim in the open. To make it look a little more active.

I really like the Midas or Canary blenny

Six line Wrasse, and pair of true percula, royal gramma, and a diamond goby

Ya that's a pretty hefty Bioload all at once lol Do you plan on this becoming a reef cause if so you are already past half way full for stocking imo

Ok well then I would wait 2 weeks and keep testing to watch for a spike and if everything is fine pick up another fish (just 1 lol)

Ok, what would make the tank crash? I I know adding too many fish too fast but what does that do?

It produces more waste then the current beneficial bacteria can handle.. say it it can handle processing 3 ppm of ammonia a day but then you add 4ppm of Bioload. That extra 1ppm will overload the system causing small spike in ammo and nitrites

Ok so what I did was a friend gave me around 10-14 pounds of live rock that has been in a tank for quite awhile. It was just down the road so I don't expect hardly any die off. I went ahead and added a flame angel.

The only concern I have is I saw a few bristleworms in my friends tank. I looked the pieces over very well. Is this a major problem?? I heard that six line Wrasse sometimes eat them, is that correct?

Ok so what I did was a friend gave me around 10-14 pounds of live rock that has been in a tank for quite awhile. It was just down the road so I don't expect hardly any die off. I went ahead and added a flame angel.

The only concern I have is I saw a few bristleworms in my friends tank. I looked the pieces over very well. Is this a major problem?? I heard that six line Wrasse sometimes eat them, is that correct? If

Back
Top Bottom