Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 11
Can I add more fish?

Okay well sofar I have 2 clown fish 1 chromis and a cleaner shrimp I was wanting to get 1 more fish and its a royal gramma was wondering if the fish would be okay with my other fish and if I should even add it to my tank its a 20g x high tank
__________________

__________________
Mil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin
 
melosu58's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 38,242
IMO you are pushing it for a 20 gallon as it is. If you do add one more then that should be it. Is there any LR in there for the fish to hide in.
__________________

__________________

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank


AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:52 PM   #3
member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Orange County
Posts: 341
Hey welcome to the fourms! Do you just have two normal clowns? Unless they're say aggressive ones like maroon or mai tai I'd say you'd be absolutely with the addition of a gramma. They work with most tank set ups.

It'd be pushing it a lot but you could fit a goby in there too..

If those clowns pair up, which they will by default they will possibly become territorial...
__________________
Reefer James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
coralbandit's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Saratoga,NY
Posts: 5,235
I think you are pushing it but the gramma is great choice.
You do need rock work for it to claim as territory and seek shelter.
How are your water parameters?
How do you export nutrients?
__________________
coralbandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by melosu58 View Post
IMO you are pushing it for a 20 gallon as it is. If you do add one more then that should be it. Is there any LR in there for the fish to hide in.
Yes there is (:

Sent from my XT1528 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
Mil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer James View Post
Hey welcome to the fourms! Do you just have two normal clowns? Unless they're say aggressive ones like maroon or mai tai I'd say you'd be absolutely with the addition of a gramma. They work with most tank set ups.

It'd be pushing it a lot but you could fit a goby in there too..

If those clowns pair up, which they will by default they will possibly become territorial...
Normal clowns and they have been paired I've had them for 2months now

Sent from my XT1528 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
Mil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:01 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
I think you are pushing it but the gramma is great choice.
You do need rock work for it to claim as territory and seek shelter.
How are your water parameters?
How do you export nutrients?
I have a hob refugium and a skimmer

Sent from my XT1528 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
Mil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I want to add more color to it and add way more corals Darylb Nano Reefs 21 07-01-2013 09:02 PM
Can i add copepods before i add fish Michealw1 Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 1 04-19-2013 08:44 PM
When can I add coral? When can I add a bubble tip? BenPadelski Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 8 08-08-2012 08:03 PM
Want to add more fish what should i add Loach23 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 18 03-14-2011 12:09 AM
When can I add more fish? Elle2 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 9 05-27-2006 12:30 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.