can i add more sand??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
my tank has been up and running for around a year,and over that time i have lost a little sand to vacuuming up the cayno that pops up on the sand. can i add a little more sand to the system without hurting things? i was thinking about an inch but over time,not all at once. what do ya guys think?

bigford84 said:
my tank has been up and running for around a year,and over that time i have lost a little sand to vacuuming up the cayno that pops up on the sand. can i add a little more sand to the system without hurting things? i was thinking about an inch but over time,not all at once. what do ya guys think?

I don't see a problem.I would rinse it real good,put it in gallon sized food storage bags,slowly let them fill up with water in the aquarium,and then slowly release across bottom.Less mess the better.

Either that way or rinse your sand out and slide it down a piece of PVC to where you want it.

ok as long as it will not re cycle or kill the sand that is there already. great thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom