Can I breed copepods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I agree with MR X on this one.....My tank with my mandarin has almost NO pods in it at all even though the dragonets I have in there are eating prepared foods. In fact the mandarin just started to eat pellets last week and the tank is still bare of pods. I've had mine for over a year but still can't claim 100% success yet. With these fish you can never be totally sure. Mine could one day just up and stop eating prepared with no warning so it's a daily let's hope for the best scenario.

I also tried to grow pods in a separate 10g tank stocked with a ton of live rock, live sand and hundreds of pods. It was not very sucessful at all. :-( I would juts let nature take it's course and when youre tank is ready then get one.

The absolute worst thing you can do in saltwater is rush in my opinion. Not one single good thing can come from rushing in any aspect with your tank. This is a fact, slow wins the race in this case.

+1 for slow and steady . No good will come from losing a fish, it's discouraging , you lose $$ , and a fish is stressed out and hungry. And if he dies and gets lodged and you cant find him under a rock then your nitrate and ammonia levels are gonna go up all not good, best to wait it out until you have plenty of pods and start with one .
One nice health fish > 2 dead fish

Yeah I get you guys. Thanks for the help I just started building a refugium looking at some YouTube videos. It's going to be 25 gallons looking forward to this little project and I'm definitely only getting on mandarin now. Thanks everybody.

Back
Top Bottom