Can I cut the xenia branch between two rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wlam18

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a few branches of pom-pom xenia on multiple small rocks. Can I cut the xenia branch between two rocks? Thanks

Thanks, they are already growing like crazy. I am going to cut some of them to trade for Acros. Like another member, it starts to grow on the side glass too.

I got some pulsing xenia recently and was blown away by how fast and diligently that stuff spreads. I quickly isolated it from the rest of my rock work after overnight it attached to a neighboring rock I had never even saw it touch before 8O . It is very cool to watch it pulse though, it has become one of my favorites :lol:

If you don't have them near other pieces of LR, try moving them closer. They grow the fastest in high light conditions, so placing them near the top of the tank may help also.

Xenia can get way out of hand though, you'll have to keep an eye on it. I know people who have to cut out Xenia every couple of weeks because it grows so fast.

I agree, xenya is a mixed blessing. It's beautiful but spreads like dandilion. I have some out of control in my tank.

Out of control in mine as well. I took a pair of scissors and made 10 nice size frags for the prop tank the other day.... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom