Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sadly, this is just animal cruelty. You said you knew you got it too soon...... you were right.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sad when you see inexperinced people doing this, we need to remember though we all started of somewhere so we cant shout at this poor guy. Let this be a lesson to all who are new do not put a fish in your tank till you have cycled it and to be honest dont put one in till youve checked its okay with people on here. We have nothing to gain on giving you false information but as sad as it is lfs do. Do your reasearch !

Old 09-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

and for the poor fishes sake take him back as sooon as possible hes not going to last much longer.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
ilostnemo I used to live there, its not all that common but it certainly is advice given out in many lfs', it's also quite common to hear "let it sit for two weeks and come back".
Old 09-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

Smile

i took the grouper back had him checked out he is fine my tank is cycled according to the marine biologist at the local aquarium supply store and it just got to cold in the tank last night he is fine now i upgraded a few things and i have better heating now
Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

GREAT to hear. You did the right thing. If you can get your LFS to hold him maybe you can get him back when you upgrade!!!! . DONT GET HIM BEFORE THE 125 IS UP AND RUNNING THO. He is Far to large for a 20g even at that size. I hope you can get him back. Grouper are AMAZING fish and the honeycomb grouper is my personal fav. of all the fish I have. Good Luck with your tanks, and feel free to ask ANY questions. BTW, I was misinformed also and cycled the tank with chromis, all died, I feel so bad now. Sadly some of us have to learn the hard way.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
very happy the fish can live a happy life! there are plenty of fish you can have in your 20 to make it exciting
Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to nohika
Er...to me it sounds like the OP still has the fish.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohika
Er...to me it sounds like the OP still has the fish.
Agreed

He took the fish to get"checked" was told everything was ok and seems he brought the fish back home bc he was told the tank was cycled. I may feel bad for the fish but if people don't want to listen to sound advice it's there money they are wasting if he wants to waste money on killing fish bc he doesn't want to listen then honestly nothing can be done until he wises up and learns from his mistakes.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ya I think so too.

Tags
cycle, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com