Can i get a triggerfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't really mind whether they're invert safe or not, I just really want a trigger that is bold, but won't harm my current fish.

Well, all triggers i'm sure are bold...Some more than others,,but also every fish is different...When i was researching triggers ,,i kept seeing the humu as being a good community and less aggressive one...Mine is a complete terror and rules the tank,and doesn't want any more tank mates...so its really a gamble,,but I'd say all of them are bold

I've got two triggers ( ..the whole reason for getting my tank)... A rectangular ( humu humu) and a picaso triggerfish,... Both of them are a real trip to watch,...however,..as stated earlier ,.. They can be a handful,... My rectangular is the tank boss and seems to demand respect,...my picaso is less intimidating but he has his moments,... My rectangular trigger killed my mertensi butterflyfish after months of seemingly peaceful existence ,.. I guess you roll the dice and see what you get BUT caution has to be taken if they are in a community tank,... Sooner or later they'll tear something up.,any inverts are toast....just beware.

I'm going to order(actually I already did lol) a small Niger trigger at about 1" to 2". The last time I put in a fish was over a month ago, so everyone has had time to settle in. Thank you all for your help.

slitherbomb said:
I'm going to order(actually I already did lol) a small Niger trigger at about 1" to 2". The last time I put in a fish was over a month ago, so everyone has had time to settle in. Thank you all for your help.

Got my fingers crossed for you,...they're like little terriers,.... I'm sure you're going love 'em

I have a niger and he bites me when I put me hand in the tank. VERY bold as you wanted. Keep your other fish overfed to reduce aggression at first. Very hardy fish. Good luck and let us know how you like it!!!!!

Thank you! I'm really excited for it. I'm going to take pics of my entire order from aquacon, and my experience with them when I get my order.

Back
Top Bottom