can i get another clown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redneckgearhead

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, Me and the wife bought a maroon clown around the first of Feb, Its doin great and is about 3 inches long. My wife wants another one. But my LFS said thats not possible with maroon clowns. Has anyone tried to add another maroon clown that wasnt mated? Is this possible? Thanks for the help.

Oh I have a 75 gallon FOWLER (for now) with some snails, hermits and one yellow tang with the maroon clown in question.

You could roll the dice and buy one a lot smaller or larger and hope that ya got different sexes, or that they won't fight too long and settle into dominant (female) and less dominant (male). Or.... the smaller one could get badgered or beaten to death.

I'm a chicken that way. I'd prolly take it back and hold out for a mated pair. Marroons can be real mean.

ok thanks. I have seen some people using a isolation type device that sticks to the side of the tank and kinda gives a barrior untill the clowns "get used to each other" but that wasnt with a maroon. I guess i may hafta give it a shot depends on how bad the wife wants one. thanks

Having a GSM for almost nine yrs I would say they are the meanest of the clowns. Odds are it wont work but there is always a chance. You`ll need to get it way bigger or way smaller as mentioned above.

Ok thanks. If i do I will get a lil one and make a deal with the LFS to return it or find someone that will take it if it doesnt work.

Back
Top Bottom